Sign in to follow this  

Gas and milage

I got 108 miles out of my first "full" tank of gas befor I had to switch to reserve. My question is how many miles can I expect to get out of reserve? Is 108 about right for a brand new stock DR650? Lastly what grade gas have you guys found to be best for both performance and milage? Thanx, Ed

Bumpety bump. I would have posted this on the latest mileage thred but that one got o/t. Still wondering about reserve mileage and stock mileage. Thanx guys and happy Holloween! Ed

I have an '04 DR 650 that I figure gets roughly 50 MPG...it's actually a smidgen higher..but at 100 miles, I start looking for gas. The reserve on mine is just under a gallon...like .7 or something of that nature...so when/if I have to switch to reserve, I know to get serious about finding gas.

The best way...in my opinion....fill the thing up...and then purposely run it out and HAVE to switch to reserve...all in a 'controlled' environment...like back and forth to work...of course you must remember to zero the trip odometer...then you'll have an idea.....

I got 52mpg when the bike was stock. REserve hit at 120miles but remember that your California tank is a 1/2 gal. smaller! That would account for your hitting reserve sooner. 😢

Mike.

Yep,tanks on the california model Dr are 1 liter less(12liter, 3.2gal.) than that sold to everyone else(13 liter, 3.4gal.). Why? 😢 You've got to ask the california air resourse board (CARB)or Suzuki about that one.Some greene engineer with his head up his :moon:saw some good in that. 😢

Reserve capacity is probably the same for both tanks.

Mike.

Same here, I got 120 miles till I hit the reserve, then a toal of 150 miles when it started dying. Thats on a 2004 with 14 tooth sprocket, carb adjust and opened up airbox with a K&N air filter.