Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400E Standard Exhaust Noise Level

Hi everyone,

Just installed my Yoshi RS-3 full system and took my toy for a ride.

I though the Yoshi would be much louder then the standard exhaust on the DRZ400E but it only sounds slightly louder (The sound is much deeper).

Does anyone know what is the rating (noise level in dBa) of the standard exhaust on the DRZ400E.

For $450Australian delivered to my door step from the US, it was a great buy.

I also spend some time to install the CFC covers I order from TT. I love new toys. 😢

92dBa according to the sticker on the front of the frame oil tube. My RS3 is heaps louder than a mates with the stock system, my yosh was fitted when I picked it up so I never got to hear my stocky. Did you have any of the exhaust mods done to your stocky? This could explain the small difference in noise.

Blue

The exhaust is stock as far as I can tell.

Bike has had air box mod and the head has been port and polished.

No way was the standard exhaust 92dBa on my bike. Even a few mates asked if I had modified it because it was so loud.

Was thinking of getting the Tec-Kit as I though it would be much louder then what was on the bike but I might leave it until a cop pulls me over.

I am going to check out the stock exhaust more closely next weekend and see if I can notice anything out of place. I have checked the tip and it is stock and still in perfect condition (spark arrestor looks like new except for a bit of carbon).

Any chance you can post a pic of the exhaust tip out of the pipe, Burned, Bronco or anyone who has fiddled may be able to tell if it is stock/mod/aftermarket.

there are 2 different stock mufflers on non-north america drz's.one is super quite like ours and the other is wide open.