Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha, I salute you!

It wasnt too long ago that unreliability and particular maintenance were the most important things going for off-roaders. My how we have come a long way. A couple of weeks ago I was riding with with the group and decided that if I was gonna pass the guy in front of me I was going to have to take an alternate route and endoed entering a rather large water crossing. While my friends had a good time at my expense the situation was rather severe. The bike had gotton totally submerged and was now hydrolocked with sandy river water. I was scared because we were a long way from anything. Well I pulled the plug and kicked some water out of the cylinder, pulled the bowl off and blew out the jets and rode it home. After an oil change and filter cleaning the bike runs like new. There is no indication that anything happened at all!! I'm impressed. And sold on my little thumper. Any other heartwarming stories that only a father could love?

Ditto that thought for me.

Fortunately I haven't played U-boat with my WR but having ridden many bikes over the years (Yeah I'm getting old), the WR's certainly seem to be rock solid.

Every year, around labor day, my riding buddies and I go up north and put about 1400 km (~900 miles) in 3 days on our bikes and the worst I've had go on my WR has been a spark plug and a few flat tires. The trails range from fireroads to fly infested swamps.

Considering that I'm the only one riding a 250 vs 450s, 525s, and 650s, my 250F has certainly earned the respect of my riding buddies.

Last year, my first enduro with this bike (03 YZ250F) I submerged it on the last section of the enduro, hyralock and all. Finally got the bike going again and has run like a champ ever since. I just got back from the hatfield/mccoy trail system and put a good beating on the ole girl in that single track trail they have and she ran perfect all weekend. I am waiting for the aluminum frame to upgrade.

10-4 on the aluminum frame! I was hoping it would be this year. I hope it isnt full of quirks like the old CR's were! YAMGE - where do you ride? Is there alot of recreational riding whrer you are? It might be worth the trek for me because CT is so protected environmentally.

We stayed at the Browning Fork Trailhouse "highly recommended" 115 miles of trail with a good portion of some of the hardest single track I've ever been on. If you want more info. let me know but the riding was awesome, it wasn't crowded and the 4 wheelers pretty much stay on the easy stuff. Another nice thing is you can ride your bike into town and get gas and eat lunch without the cops bothering you, we pulled right out onto the black top with a cop sitting across the road and he did nothing. We have a good riding area from where I live, we just wanted to take a road trip. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.