Sign in to follow this  

Stock R muffler on 250X (std X header)

For those of you that made use a stock 250R muffler on a 250X...did it really make any difference in power? I am only refering to the muffler change..the stock X header is in place.Did you have to change the jetting (assuming the free mods including correct jetting was already done)??

Thanks

It makes more mid and top end and loses a little grunt. I gave my R pipe to a buddy. He likes it better.

I bought my wife an '04 250x...and my buddy gave me his stock pipe from an '04 250r.

I am in California (So I assume my 250x's jetting is "50 state" legal - which translates into "1 state" LEAN).

I want to mod the airbox and put the "R" exhaust on. Anyone care to chime in on what jetting is recommended?

P.S. We ride mostly in the Mojave Desert.

I just got an X bike last month. Been playing with it a lot and really, really like it. What I have found out is that the intake mods are more important than the exhaust mods. In other words I have gotten more ponys out of opening the air box, removing the backfire screen, disconnecting the rev limiter, jetting the main at 135 and the pilot at 42... than putting an expensive pipe on. When out it the way out back or on closed cours I pop the core out, when politcal correctness is require I slide it back in (takes less than a minute).