Sign in to follow this  

Soft seat foam review

I've seen a post on the Guts soft seat foam here so I thought I'd post my view. First let me say that I like Guts products and merely state that the soft foam is not for me.

I put the Guts Racing soft and tall seat foam (with their competition line cover) on my new 05 YZ250F. My concern was that it would be too soft and that 1) I would feel the seat base on medium to hard hits, and 2) my butt would sink into the seat due to its softness and make it difficult to slide easily around on the seat. Well, I was right - for me, it's too soft. 😢 It's also doesn't feel any taller once you sink into the foam. Don't get me wrong, it feels real nice on one's rear especially after 75+ miles but I can't have a seat effect my scores adversely. It is very nice otherwise. For reference, I'm an A Vet enduro rider, 5'10", 175 lbs w/out gear. I will be posting it for sale as soon as I buy the Guts tall "medium" seat foam.

BTW, the seat cover rocks. It looks nice, very durable and has just the right amount of stickiness. 😢

Someone had PM'd about buying this foam but my previous PMs and subscriptions were lost during the "upgrade". Whoever you are, contact me - I am ready to sell. jeffhoward@gmail.com

You'll love the medium, its perfect and that cover wears like iron!!

Good luck!