2005 YZ 125, any experiences?

I've been racing one for a month or so. I really like it. Unfortunately I race in the 40+ class which means I'm against a bunch of 450's. The power is definitely not up to 250F levels, but is great for a 125. It is incredibly light and this contributes to it's great handling. The suspension is the top level stuff on the '05 F models and it's fantastic. My plan is to put an RPM big bore kit in it and have the light weight and reasonable power. The things I like best about it is that it's hard to hurt myself on it. It's so light that it rarely gets so out of whack that I can't just pull it back. For those of us who can't get injured and be out of work, it makes a big difference. No question though, when it comes time to exit a turn with a short run into a double, you miss the torque and the power.

Thanks Kaptain, I knew you had one and was kinda awaiting your comments ?

Anyone else having the smoker, please tell me about it.

My son is not yet used to the sudden power that comes on after the initial "nothing happens" with his YZ 85. Is the 125 alike?

I've had 250f's for 4 years and this week I'm getting a yz125 05, just for the hell of it really, I fancy a new challenge and am looking forward to getting back on a 125. Didn't go for another 250f just because its not that different, I already know how well I'd do on one and my riding would be exactly the same as it is now. 125 here I come..

I bought the 05 YZ250 for the same reason. I really didnt like the 450 anymore. It just felt too big. I really dont notice any power loss. I just put on a VForce and PC works pipe and the bike is very fast. I feel like the top end is about 2-3% stronger on the 250 than the 450. It just pulls for ever. Also the weight difference is nice. And yes it is much easier to correct on a 2 stroke then on a 4. Those cams really change the direction of bike when it gets out of whack.