Sign in to follow this  

02 yz250f with 03 mod

hey,

i have an 02 yz250f and its hard to start alot of times.my dad s thinkin about the 03 decompresion mod.is it any good? and do u like having it? 😢 thank you in advance for uer replys. 😢

It's probably the best mod I've done on my 426. I just get on and start kicking, no more drill. Check out Hot Cams.

My son is going to get a 250 soon and that's the first thing I'm going to do if it's not a 03.

Thanks wrooster 😢, I was trying to answer the question correctly. Those sites are helping me also since my son is going to be a future(about a month) 250F rider and I need all the info possible. Thanks again for Helping.

Thanks wrooster 😢, I was trying to answer the question correctly. Those sites are helping me also since my son is going to be a future(about a month) 250F rider and I need all the info possible. Thanks again for clearing things up.

The 03 cam mod along with a Dr D hotstart (ie no more reaching down to mess with the hotstart and no more decomp lever) is the best money I've spent on my '02. Starts easy everytime, and even if I thunder in and stall it mid race, I just hold in the Dr D hotstart and kick 'er back to live. Definetely get it done. Make sure to get the trick aluminum plug for to replace the decomp mechanism from the TT store made by vibeguy as well.

Good luck!

mxcowboy. The yz250f used the same camgear pitch for all years. It was only the 400/426 vs 450's that had that problem.

There is no risk using an oem cam on a 250f. But the hotcam's cam will make more power than the oem cam.