XR100 dies at WOT

My wife's 2003 XR100 runs well except that it will completely die if the throttle is whacked from idle to WOT. I've tinked with the air screw some but my mechanical skills and knowledge aren't that great. Any help would be appreciated. Airfilter is clean and plug is new.

My wife's 2003 XR100 runs well except that it will completely die if the throttle is whacked from idle to WOT. I've tinked with the air screw some but my mechanical skills and knowledge aren't that great. Any help would be appreciated. Airfilter is clean and plug is new.

Well quit wacking it from idle to WOT ?? Not sure what WOT means but anyway I noticed my sons does that too and we just got it new a few months ago. Im sure its with all the bikes in general. My wife has been hinting around about getting a bike ? I never thought I would see the day. Do you think the XR 100 does the trick ? My wife is about 160 lbs. If she was looking over my shoulder watching me type this it would be 140 lbs ??

Let her ride your son's bike! Frankly, the suspension of a stock XR/CRF100 would be taxed heavily if the rider were much more than 90-100lbs, depending on terrain and style.

If all she will do is play on the bike, it'll do. If she intends on taking it further, get her something else.

Robert ?

Like I said, depending on terrain and style.

3ft high, movin' along and set down nicely, no problem. 5 ft high, lower speed, landing flat or nosed over a little, different story.

Let her ride the 100 you have, if it suits her, get her one.

Robert ?

It should't do that. Depending on what altitude you ride you may need to rejet it "the pilot". Sometimes a high flow air filter and or uncork the pipe. My son started out on an XR80 "it needed rejetting" then a XR100 "same" and now we have gone to a fully built DMC125.