Sign in to follow this  

Raush Creek.

does anybody have a website for it. and any body that been there what did you think of it.

also what time of the year is it open till.

yes i have been there the tracks are awsome sweet tracks and narly trails this place one of the best tracks i have been to

it is open from 9A.M. to dusk

and i think the web site is

www.rauschcreekracing.com

yes i have been there the tracks are awsome sweet tracks and narly trails this place one of the best tracks i have been to

it is open from 9A.M. to dusk

and i think the web site is

www.rauschcreekracing.com

thanks a lot. i plan on going in the spring and stay over night.

Tell you what - right NOW is the best time to go. Spring is usually VERY sloppy and crappy, and SUmmer is always tough. Fall and Winter are the best seasons for Rausch, as they don't water!

I wouldn't say Rausch has the sweetest tracks or the knarliest, but they CAN be very good. Right now they are VERY nice.

They have two tracks for bikes -

The 'Main' track, which is right by the parking lot. About 1:45/lap, and it's alot of jumps. They are some big ones, some not so big. Usually, if you come up short on the main track, you're going down. There is no saving it. The largest jump on that track is an approximately 75-80' double, right along the fence. Starting with that double, there is then a nice step-up (45-50 foot or so), then a straight with a single "slow down" jump. Hard 90 degree left, into a 50' double-50' double-60' double combo, which is all in a slight turn. Immediately into a hard 100 degree left turn, up to a filled in step up, probably 60' again. Small straight, 180 degree left turn into a 75' double, immediately into a 180 right turn, and about 110 feet of low whoops. Immediately into a 180 left turn, 55-60' double, INSTANTLY into a 180 degree right turn (making this turn CAN be very difficult, and is usually what stops most people from jumping the double, as you need to be on both brakes as soon as you touch down), 55' double, into a right turn over a 40-45' small double through the turn, continuing right turn to a 50' table, fast straight to a banked 180 left, immeidately into a 40' double, then a straight, 90 degree left up to that 80' double at the parking lot.

This track CAN form alot of braking and acceleration bumps, and is of a loamier consistancy, however, it does pack down into a moderately high traction hard-pack.

Track 2 for bikes, the "natural" track. This track is good for anyone. QUADS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS TRACK. As such, it is VERY hardpack, blue groove in spots, with alot of rocky surface and sometimes jarring conditions. It is a fast track however. As the lap times are approaching 2:45-3:00, I will not go into detail on the total layout, but it can be nice, can be very dusty and crappy.

WHen they water ANY of the tracks, they are ICE. The natural track is VERY VERY VERY VERY slippery when watered. You WILL NOT HOOK UP, I don't care how good your tires are. It is seriously like riding on a slushy, icy area.

All in all though, I like Rausch. If you get good at Rausch, you will usually be good anywhere, as the tracks can be QUITE demanding, especially as the speeds are increased. 😢

They are open year round too. Riding is $35 all day, or, now, $25 after 3:00 pm.

I wouldn't say Rausch has the sweetest tracks or the knarliest, but they CAN be very good. Right now they are VERY nice.

They have two tracks for bikes -

The 'Main' track, which is right by the parking lot. About 1:45/lap, and it's alot of jumps. They are some big ones, some not so big. Usually, if you come up short on the main track, you're going down. There is no saving it. The largest jump on that track is an approximately 75-80' double, right along the fence. Starting with that double, there is then a nice step-up (45-50 foot or so), then a straight with a single "slow down" jump. Hard 90 degree left, into a 50' double-50' double-60' double combo, which is all in a slight turn. Immediately into a hard 100 degree left turn, up to a filled in step up, probably 60' again. Small straight, 180 degree left turn into a 75' double, immediately into a 180 right turn, and about 110 feet of low whoops. Immediately into a 180 left turn, 55-60' double, INSTANTLY into a 180 degree right turn (making this turn CAN be very difficult, and is usually what stops most people from jumping the double, as you need to be on both brakes as soon as you touch down), 55' double, into a right turn over a 40-45' small double through the turn, continuing right turn to a 50' table, fast straight to a banked 180 left, immeidately into a 40' double, then a straight, 90 degree left up to that 80' double at the parking lot.

This track CAN form alot of braking and acceleration bumps, and is of a loamier consistancy, however, it does pack down into a moderately high traction hard-pack.

Track 2 for bikes, the "natural" track. This track is good for anyone. QUADS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS TRACK. As such, it is VERY hardpack, blue groove in spots, with alot of rocky surface and sometimes jarring conditions. It is a fast track however. As the lap times are approaching 2:45-3:00, I will not go into detail on the total layout, but it can be nice, can be very dusty and crappy.

WHen they water ANY of the tracks, they are ICE. The natural track is VERY VERY VERY VERY slippery when watered. You WILL NOT HOOK UP, I don't care how good your tires are. It is seriously like riding on a slushy, icy area.

All in all though, I like Rausch. If you get good at Rausch, you will usually be good anywhere, as the tracks can be QUITE demanding, especially as the speeds are increased.

They are open year round too. Riding is $35 all day, or, now, $25 after 3:00 pm.

wow thanks for the write up.

but i got 1 ? on the '' natural track" is there any jumps or is it just like a old sytle mx track with a few jumps.

also for the trails how are those.

thanks again mike.

It is significantly more "old school" style. There is, I believe, only two doubles on the whole track, and they are vey low and forgiving. Everything else is a step-up, down, or tabletop of sorts.

The dirt, like I said, is the worst part about that track. hardpack, cause of the quads, and rocky sometimes.

They run the old vintage bikes on that track (70's machines!), so that should kind of tell you how "intense" the jumps are. They aren't too bad at all.

There are not a lot of miles of trails at rausch, but they are a blast. If you are riding any trails in SE PA there WILL BE ROCKS but none of the trails here are bolder fields and you can mantain some pretty good speeds through most of the woods. Although it's not a 40mi tails system I can spend all day back there, making my own loops and then trying to improve my time.

the trails are awsome (imo)

#1 you can race your buddys in the harescramble tracks

#2 when you are back there it seems like endless miles of trails

#3 some pretty tough obsticals such as narly hill climbs, tight and technical trails, wide open fire roads (but be careful at the end of every fire road there is a sudden right or left hand turn

i think it is overall a fun place to ride for the day with some good motorcross then good trails

have fun 😢

I was just there saturday, 2nd time there, great place to ride for $35 for all day, It was muddy as hell, but i had a blast.