Sign in to follow this  

z400 + water in the oil after 450 kit

Had a 450 installed I'm now getting water in the oil. I took it back, they put a waterpump seal in it. It still gets alot of water into the oil any ideas? The stock motor went bad due to lack of oil. Motor has been taken apart new head and cams ,everything was said to be checked and ok.

Thanks for the help, JIM

Likely spots are head gasket, cylinder base gasket and the primary side cover. The water pump was a possibility but not likely as there is a drain hole between the oil seal and the water seal so if either one leaks the liquids do not mix. There may be a sophisticated way to find the leak location but the only way I know is to take it apart and look.

who's the shop and let us all know if they stand behind their work? In my opinion they did the work it should work rite and they should care about their rep. Good luck let us all know how it ends up 😢 :cry:

my friend have the same problem whit is bigbore

the prestone leaking between the cylinder and the sleeve 😢

maybe they bore it to big 😢

and the job where done at MILLENIUM(supposed to be the best) 😢

p.s. he also wait 2 month for that sh...

maybe they dont like 😢

Had a 450 installed I'm now getting water in the oil. I took it back, they put a waterpump seal in it. It still gets alot of water into the oil any ideas? The stock motor went bad due to lack of oil. Motor has been taken apart new head and cams ,everything was said to be checked and ok.

Thanks for the help, JIM

whos kit?how was the liner done?sounds like head gasket to me.

my friend have the same problem whit is bigbore

the prestone leaking between the cylinder and the sleeve 😢

maybe they bore it to big 😢

and the job where done at MILLENIUM(supposed to be the best) 😢

p.s. he also wait 2 month for that sh...

maybe they dont like 😢

who determined that its leaking by the sleeve?who built the motor?

sounds like a big reach to say its leaking by the sleeve.

I don't know whos kit it is ,I can check bore is a 454. Barnums built the motor . He is standing behind his work, but it looks like it's going to have to come apart. I wanted to make sure we are not missing something simple.

Thanks,JIM

sorry to reply 2 days later... work...

the block was crack and millenium weld it and he put a new sleeve whit 94mm piston. all other where backorder at this time 😢 the same time they change her price 😢

its suspicious

i remove the cylinder and i block the lower water passage and i put water in it and i see the water leaking between the sleeve and the block 😢

its not my bike but i do her mechanic, my athena kit work pretty well 😢

and yes i know, my english is horrible 😢

so the cylinder had dmage before the big bore kit was installed and then they attempted to repair it?

thats not a normal kit install. 😢

here in quebec they dont want to do this so i call the best (millenium) they tell me its easy to repair so...

for now what i can do whit my cylinder, i try quickweld and is leaking again... maybe silicone or locktite or i put flower on it... d.oh is leaking when my wife put water 😢

yes i send one email whit no reply so... i install the kit to month after i receive and my friend see the leaking one month later. its a bit late i think and i dont speak well in english its hard to explain my problem and finally she give me special price beceause i wait two month for the kit.

i do buissness whit Dawn from millenium canada to save on duty but the gob where done at millenium in usa

1st of all.. even with your limited English,, you really not giving us a lot of info.. to help you with.. Where is it leaking? where was the crack?

2nd,, as Burned asked,, have you contacted MT yet? if so,, what was the reply? If not why not?

Some of the worlds best engineers designed and created a space ship capable of traveling to the far reaches of space and returning,, and yet sadly,, it blew up any way.... In other words,, any assembly or machining process can have a fault or flaw.. Or maybe it was an error with the handling or prepping of the part or assembly of the motor?

So if you can,, please give us ALL of the pertinent info,, and maybe some insight or suggestions will come from that. Otherwise,, it’s all just a big, ignorant guess.

yes i send one email whit no reply so... i install the kit to month after i receive and my friend see the leaking one month later. its a bit late i think and i dont speak well in english its hard to explain my problem and finally she give me special price beceause i wait two month for the kit.

i do buissness whit Dawn from millenium canada to save on duty but the gob where done at millenium in usa

Hey budd,, dont sweat the poor english 😢.. Just keep with the information.

Have you taken it apart yet? where was the crack? where is the leak? Can you post a picture of the repair area?

i remove it 3 times and you cannot see the crack.

is leaking from the outside sleeve and the cylinder, is why i say he bore it to big (the cylinder not the sleeve)and the water come where is the water passage the crack was there also

for the picture before the welding i dont know how to post

if you give me your email i can send you

the crack was vertical from the lower passage to the top they weld on the top and the bottom they also (polish) the top to make the top flat after welding

keep in mind your dealing with the millenium in canada.not the one in the us.im sure they are affiliated,but who knows what the work is like.

yes,but is he sure about that?maybe that the way they do it. 😢

hard to say,but a cylinder that was damaged like describes before isnt a 100% in my book.

sounds like it had straight water in it and it cracked when frozen.