Sign in to follow this  

Valvoline DuraBlend

I have been using this in my tranny. I have since had two seals start leaking. Could this be just to slick and exit out the seals or are my seals just in need of replacing? Seems odd.

This may be a bit unrelated but I used Valvoline Durablend in my SUV only to have leaks at many different spots. Had all the seals replaced under warrenty, used Mobil 1 for a couple years with no problems yet.

I have a customer that uses nothing BUT Durablend inhis Tundra, and has no problems. Oil is rarely the cause of issues such as leaking seals, engine wear, etc., as long as it is changed frequently enough.

The only thing about Durablend I can see is that that is an energy conserving oil and has some addtives that could cause a less than perfect clutch to slip. Try to stick to multigrades such as 5w40, 10w40, 15w50, etc., as these "diesel oils" as some like to think of them, are typically NOT "energy conserving" and do not have the extra additives....of course you may not be using this stuff in your transmission.

The engine side you can use whatever you like basically...moly additives, etc. As long as you get the ring to seal the first few rides any good oil of the proper viscosity will work fine.

Ive been using the Durablend in the trans now for 30+ hours with zero issues. 😢 And I run 20-50 in the trans too, I like the way the clutch works with the thicker juice... 😢

Scratch that...Im using "all-climate"..still works great though...What the difference is I havent a clue...

I would not run a valvoline product oil in my lawnmower.

I would not run a valvoline product oil in my lawnmower.

For every lover of something, there is a hater...

All bias aside, ANY of the good oils are fine. 😢

could they be leaking because of dirt just as a fork seal can leak because of dirt?