Sign in to follow this  

Suspention question

My question is what adjustments do I need to do for riding in sand? When riding in sand the front end wants to wash out. BTW I have race tech springs front and rear. I didn't revalve (cost issue) but have 5 wt oil at 110 mm I believe. (or 100) Do I increase the dampning or rebound? The bike handels well on the road and am happy until it gets in the sand. Of course the rider is a large part of the problem. Thanks.

good question now I want to know. Hey burned bronco you two have to be the encyclopedias of drz's any help is always apprciated. TT and you two rock thanks for any help 😢

It could be your riding style. Are you putting most of your weight towards the rear of the bike. This will allow you to move across the sand at a faster pace with the front wheel skimming across the top of the sand.

No, I was actually doing my best to keep the front end light. I had ridden in the same area before the new springs etc and the front end did not want to was out then. I had to much rear sag so that kept the front end ligher I think. Any way just wondering if I need to increase/decrease the dampning , rebound or both. 😢 The bike handles much better everywhare else, just that @#@#$%@#$@# sand!