Sign in to follow this  

cant make my 03 wr turn

i seem to have this problem when im turning it in harder it feels like it wants to push the front i have the michilin enduro competition tyre still on the front (standard on australian 03 wr 250s) i dont know if it is because my other bike is a 01 yz 125 witch has rasor style turning compared to the wr. is it unrealistic to think the wr can turn like the yz? ive been told if i fit a yzf tank and seat you can move further forward therefore giving more front wheel traction would this help? any suggestions? thanx

😢 :cry:

Yeh but thats an expensive way to stop the bike pushing. What setting are your forks at in the tripple clamp, have you changed your oil levels, and where are your clickers at. Also have you made any mods in the back. PS the stock Michelin is OK, but when you fork out for a better tyre youl notice the difference. Get your weight forward and weight on the outside peg see if the weighted peg makes a difference.

What PSI are you running in the front. I run around 11psi to 13 PSI absolute max 15 psi but it pushes with 15 psi.

closer to 15 psi, standard oil heieght, forks slid through to line, clickers (dont know were to start) lol 😢 standard rear height i weigh about 75 kg all geared up for enduro thanx

Try raising your forks 10-15mm in the clamps. This can affect high speed stability so be careful.

😢

Gday guys,i to have a wr250 02,i had the same problem,all i done was drop the comp(bottom of fork) and same with the rebound and seems [@#$%&*!] loads better,also sitting on the gas cap and pushing the bike into corners helps,where abouts are you from as i to am from sa

I had the same problem til I checked the rear sag, I had way too much sag, some 136 mm resulting the rear was hanging down, changed to 109 mm and turning is now much easier.

I used to run 102mm of sag with the forks up 10mm (second line) because I'm short. But when I started running the race say at 98mm with the forks at 10mm the bike goes anywhere I want. It makes a huge difference going about 100mm. I believe the manual states the range is 90-100mm or sag. 😢

i was in the yammaha shop the other day and noticed that the YZF seat tank combo and the WRF seat tank setup looked exactly the same.

i know this is not the case in the usa but is it different in australia?

by backing off the compression does the bike bottom on jumps

or there are no issues?

I have an 01 WR250f and just got the YZ tank and seat combo from Clark... see theumperfaq for the link. I was feeling the same pushing you speak of. First I raised the fork in the crown and back the compression dampening down. this helped but still I wanted quicker steering. So I bought the Tank and seat combo.. 269.00 usd. It really make you feel like you are in the center of the bike! It really make a difference!

The seat doesnt fit as nicely as I would like...the front seems to turn up a bit early and not sit snuggly on the tank. Has anyone had this issue?

I'd come off that 15# in the tire too (I assume your tires aren't worn out). Unless you need protection from big rock damage, a couple fewer pounds in the front tire can make a bigger difference than you might think. As was said before, 11~13# is more like it. Try the rear sag/lower front tire pressure first and if it's still not biting, you need to get your clickers to a baseline setting and then figure out where you are with your oil level, etc.

closer to 15 psi, standard oil heieght, forks slid through to line, clickers (dont know were to start) lol 😢 standard rear height i weigh about 75 kg all geared up for enduro thanx

Adjust your sag first 90-100mm pg 7-35. lower your psi to 13. Weight forward and on your outside peg and jam your inside leg along side your lower forks when turning in. Count how many clicks on all your clickers till they are fully tight and write them down. Then go to stock settings. Rear screw (low) 9 clicks out. Rear Nut (high) 1 and 1/4 turns out. Front compression (bottom) 14 clicks out. Front Rebound (top) 9 clicks out. Read your manual and adjust the clickers to stock. Pages 3-87 onward. Try that. If it still dont turn in lower your forks in the clamps. Be warned on the second ring on the forks you may get severe tank slap at speed on ruts. If you do that and still have no luck go see the suspension guru. These things turn like they are on rails you should be able to get it right. 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry:

since posting i slid the forks through to the second line (from the first line) and been 4 a ride today 1000 TIMES BETTER i just turned my dampner up one click =no tank slap and turns the best it ever has i dont want 2 drop the psi in my front tyre because we ride alot of rocky stuff now im loving this thing again 😢 :cry:

i thourght the aus bike was set at 10 mm on fork second line ? i rebuilt my fork i think it was on the first line 5mm the manual for aus bike says 10mm i set mine at 10mm as per manual.i dindent notice much diffrents.but i am no mister motorcross (may be it was already at 10 mm i dident take any notice)