Sign in to follow this  

Water in tranny??

Did about five hours on Saturday and at one point, found my bike pretty much submerged in water/mud to the top of the tires. The pipe didn't go under so I tried revving it and pushing for about 20 seconds. Had to kill the bike and pull it out of the mud. It fired right back up and I rode for about another hour.

As soon as I got the bike home, I drained all the oil. Engine oil looked great but the tranny was milk. I ran four quarts of oil through the tranny before it was clean. Replaced all the oil and filter, new air filter and the bike runs great as usual.

My question is: Is it normal to get water in the tranny and if so, where did it get in?

theres a breather tube on the case, near the shock. Thats where the water got in. If you submerge the bike that far water is going to get places it shouldnt 😢

theres a breather tube on the case, near the shock. Thats where the water got in. If you submerge the bike that far water is going to get places it shouldnt 😢

I sort of figured that but I just wanted to double check. Thanks for the info squid!! I really put the bike through hell on Saturday and it just took whatever I could throw at it. I love this bike!!

Yes, re-route the vent hose located on top of the case behind the cylinder.

Re-route it up by the hose that goes into the airboot.