Sign in to follow this  

Anyone survive the 24 hours of starvation ridge?

Its that time again. . . Goldendale 24 Hour GP (

It's starting to trickle in in this thread 😢

Check up at the top of the forum in the "It's that time again . . ." thread.

It was cold, and long, and cold, and windy, and dark, and cold. But it was SO MUCH FUN that I can't wait until next year!

No reports yet because we are all busy catching up on our sleep and learning to walk again. WOW what a fun event. We had a blast. Pix and reports coming. 😢

I think it is fair to say that team "On The PIPE!" had a blast! We started out in 5th place in the Open Expert class, and were holding steady, until sometime in the later afternoon, when we jumped up into 3rd place. We were trying to keep track of our competition, and thought that we were pretty secure in that spot. The crazy thing was, we never really remembered going by those two teams (17x & 18x). Then, around 7 or 8 in the morning, we were dropped all the way back to 6th.

&%$#@!? Again, we never saw hide nor hair of teams 17x and 18x, but they were above us in the standings. (We understood 11x getting in front of us, but we took care of that before the race was over. ) We checked in with the stats people, and it seemed as though the computer did not give those two teams credit for a lap that they had done, and so thier drop in standings (and our rise) was artificial.

Also kinda made sense on how our teams were trading places in the standings, but never seeing each other out on the course.

That situation actually made the night go by easier. We *thought* we were on top of the world!

We had a couple of accidents (nobody got injured seriously, just some good solid falls) so our planned schedule got tossed out the window, and we were doing what we had to do to keep on keeping on. Our teams fastest lap was 31 minutes (Bikerdude127) and we put in 41 laps. The winning pro team had 43 laps, and the winning expert team had 42, so we are pretty proud of what we accomplished. We took 5th in the Open Expert class, and 6th over-all (out of 50 teams, + or -).

We all came away with some great stories, and we have already talked about what kinds of changes we need to make for next year.

Scott and his crew pulled off a magnificent event, and we were glad to be a part of it.

It was also nice to hang out with so many friends. You could not pass more than two or three pits before you ran into a TT'er. Nice to be amongst so many friends.

Until next year.

😢

That was a great name for your team.

Only if they were all on 2 smokes or stoners 😢 :cry: 😢

That was a great name for your team.

Only if they were all on 2 smokes or stoners🤣😢 :cry:

But "On The Pipe" also applies to 4-Strokes when you are lying under them.. 😢 Ever seen how fast a rider can move when he's "On The Pipe" ? 🤣

"I *LOVE* the smell of burning Cordura Nylon in the Morning!" 🤣

Congratulations on a Super Ride... Glad to hear everyone is in one piece so far. 😢 :cry:

Next year Greg. Get a helmet light and some warm clothes and come on out and ride with us. 😢

Did each team only get to use one bike from start to finish? Or did each rider on each team get to use his own scoot? How did you decide who's scoot got to be abused for 24 hours???!!! 😢 Arm wrestle? coin toss? 😢

Pros run one bike the rest of us spodes ride our own. 😢

What a fun race.

Thanks Flyred for the 55wt bulb, worked great. 😢

Who won the Ironman this year and how many laps did he complete?

Nice pics. Looks like the dust was a non-issue. I learned to ride in the tri-cities area so dust is one thing that keeps me away from the Eastern half of the state.

What lens do you use on your D-Rebel?

Greg

I have some pics up. Here is the link to the album:

Who won the Ironman this year and how many laps did he complete?

Becaus ethe course length changes year to year,, the Ironman Record is number of miles finished.. this years Iron man winner, and now record holder did 422.something miles.. Just under 423 miles... Ouch.. my body hurts just thinking about it...., oh,,,wait,,, no it hurts cuz I rode 8 little laps for 120 miles 😢

man, I am still sore!

the course was great! I really liked the grass sections, being able to rail though some of those s-turn grass sections was a hoot.

With the great traction and cold air (for leaner running) I found my bike wanting wheelie all over the place, that was putting a smile on my face.

Going through the farm house and barn were neat features. I wonder how soon before we end up knocking out the thresholds of that poor farm house 😢

That ditch was really fun! I loved railing through that, especially when someone was up ahead to chase in it 😢

As last year, it was interesting to see how the track changed as the race went on. I remember last year a lot of the uphills and other slower sections became extremely rutted. This year seemed to have less rutting, but off course it got choppy as the night went on.

I have to give a big thanks to Brandon! Mitch originally had the idea of putting together a tight team, but Brandon went all out with carrying through the planning and effort needed to put everything together. He even had an excel spreadsheet (which I think makes him a total nerd, but thats ok) with our schedule laid out and most everything else you can think of he already thought through. Nate and Mitch were awesome to have on the team, super fast and super cool dudes. We had a great support crew too, Brandon's girlfriend Kendra, my gf Linda, and Mitch's dad Steve.

Although we only took 5th in the open expert class, I am ecstatic of how we did! There were some top names competing in that class, including Rich Binkley (8-time Desert 100 Overall Champion), Paul Ostbo (Baja 1000 and Desert 100 Champion), Rob Flagler (National Pro offroad rider), and several others. We actually beat the team with Rich Binkley and Paul Ostbo (they came in 6th), which in my book is a huge accomplishment.

Steve Corrie was the Ironman winner with 28 laps. Works out to 425.04 miles. Gary Roe, last years winner, went 422.04 miles.

Steve Corrie was the Ironman winner with 28 laps. Works out to 425.04 miles. Gary Roe, last years winner, went 422.04 miles.

Scott, thanks for the correction.. Guess I was a bit tired Sunday morning while listening to the announcements.

Thanks again for the great race.. two years running, and I'm looking forward to next years.. Maybe I should send in my registration now,, might get to you in time,,,,,,,,,, 😢

Although we only took 5th in the open expert class, I am ecstatic of how we did!

Awesome! 😢 Congrats guys!

And congrats to everyone that competed, very cool! 😢