Sign in to follow this  

What to buy? 05 YZ 125 250F or 250??

I am a 125 B rider and am not sure what bike to get for 2005. I currently own an 04 RMZ which I love but I think this year I am going to move to Yamaha. I have about 5-10 minutes on the 05 yz 250f and in just that time I liked my rmz better. I also heard the yz 250 is really fast too! What do you all think???

That is exactly what I am thinking of too. And to me also the RMZ felt better than '04 YZ250F, haven't tested the '05 yet. But I will not sell my 450 or leave Yamaha. They are simply bullet proof. Do you want to stay in the 125 class? The 2005 smokers are again much better, but so is the 450F too. Life is a [@#$%&*!] and then we die. 😢

Speaking as an owner of an '05 YZ125 I would just say that you will definitely miss the torque on the 250F if you go with the 125. The YZ250 would be a step upward in power, but of course it's 2-stroke power for better or for worse. I really love my YZ125 but I won't kid you, I miss the power and torque of my 250F. The light weight and handling are wonderful though. I may put an RPM 167 kit in it for the best of both worlds.

I would like to stay in the 125 class as it is more competitive. I might just keep my rmz for another year as it is plenty fast enough to keep up with the 2005's it has a complete exhaust and factory connection suspension however I still wouldn't mind having an 05 yz 250f or yz 125.

I dont know how old or big you are but the 05 YZ250 is very fast compared to any 250F. It took me a good month to get used to it. It might be alot for you. I dunno. But I will say that the YZ250F would be better than the RMZ. I am yet to ride the YZ125 but I hear its awesome. FYI if you race 12-15 as well as B you are going to need a 2 stroke if you go to Loretta's qualifiers.

I am 17 years old and about 125lbs. I had a 2003 RM 250 and that thing beat me to death with the stock suspension. I will probably stay in the 125 class.