Sign in to follow this  

NEW BIKE!!!

OK...ride report🤣!!!

This bike is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!! Saturday, I spent every free moment I could, while baby-sitting my 6 month old, to install my new SS Muzzy full system (beautiful), JD kit (WOW, what a pain that carb is to work on, need a fuel screw adj extension and some sort of cool tool for changing MJ without having to remove the crankcase breather box and muffler/midpipe), and, of course, removed the snorkel. I did some clean-up on the chain (very dirty from waxing, o-rings are cracked, chain is near-done) and greased all the zirks per the shop manual on the rear suspension set.

I wasn't able to get my hands on the adapter I needed to perform the leak-down test, but now have it on order from the local bike shop (the mechanic didn't have the right adapter either... 😢).

SAT evening I decided to give it a whirl to see how she felt. The green machine fired up easily with a few pumps of the throttle and choke (it was chilly). The new rumble of the Muzzy was intoxicating. After letting the motor warm up, I got on, gave it a few quick twists to test for any bog (there was a little) and took it for a spin on the street (I was in town).

Wheelies are now (finally) achievable in first and second gears just rolling on the throttle (before I needed to clutch it) and can now, without much coaxing, get the wheel up in third with the clutch. This alone is a BIG difference. Feeling a bit overly excited with the new BRRRAP!!! of the muzzy, I had to, reluctantly, park it to go to a Halloween party.

Sunday morning, I went for a long ride in the desert with a bunch of local guys. The terrain was a mix of hard pack dirt/rock roads, sandy washes, and a few patches of narrow trails. It took me about 15 miles to get reacquainted with my new bike. I really wasn't ready for all the new unbridled grunt! I was having to hang on to the bike, something I'd not had to do previously 😢!

All together, I put on 76 miles yesterday, 50 of which were off-road. I've fallen in love all over again. I'm both looking forward to/and apprehensive about doing the leak down test, as I wouldn't mind finding more power, but I don't want to pay for it?!?! 😢

SOOOO, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their suggestions, experience, information, and hook-ups to help me get my green demon🤣 to where she is today!

Tom 😢 :cry:

How irresponsible of me!!! I've been plagued by not maintaining my bike lately...things are going to heck all at once...I'll take some pics this evening and post the link...I haven't figured out the posting the actual pics...

the muzzy is held together by the springs and the mounting bolts. It's very simple to install, took me thirty minutes, and 10 the second time. The springs are a bit difficult, but a screwdriver worked fine...it's a pretty...fit and finish are quite gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

😢

How irresponsible of me!!! I've been plagued by not maintaining my bike lately...things are going to heck all at once...I'll take some pics this evening and post the link...I haven't figured out the posting the actual pics...

the muzzy is held together by the springs and the mounting bolts. It's very simple to install, took me thirty minutes, and 10 the second time. The springs are a bit difficult, but a screwdriver worked fine...it's a pretty...fit and finish are quite gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

😢

The muzzy is very much just like the Yosh(SS, e version), and has no header shield. The can and mid pipe are held on with springs.

Spend the extra $10 and get a spring tool.. The job can be done with a lot of different tools,, but the $10 on a mid priced spring tool is worth the cost.

Good catch Bronco,

I forgot about the sheild question, and opted to not buy the spring tool, since tool space is a premium, and my patience isn't high...I just couldn't wait to get the pipe on this past weekend. 😢 :cry: Man I love that new power!!!

Picture ,Picture.Picture.!!!

I'm trying to decide on a Yoshi or a Muzzy.I went on the muzzy site ,but the picture was small and not very good Quality.Does anyone have(and can post)a shot of their Muzzy system.Please. 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry: