Sign in to follow this  

Ride Report with Pics

I was able to get out for a while and ride. I started Southwest of Vegas out by a small town of Blue Diamond. It as a great day. Slight breeze and about 63 degrees. As always the bike ran great.

I headed out to Goodspring. THis is a picture of Goodspring is the distance and a dry lake bed in the distance as the white spot at 11:00.

PA300038Web.jpg

This is at the same spot facing north.

PA300036Web.jpg

Here is a rare self portrate of me on a 125, Oh, wait, this my 400. 😢 Lots of power line rodes. Make for good time and higher speeds, but not as technical.

PA300041Web.jpg

A boulder feild, and looking down Beer Bottle pass to the dry lake bed.

PA300042Web.jpg

PA300043Web.jpg

This is the Dry lake bed by Primm, NV, on the I-15 between Vegas and LA. Is is smooth and I got up to 60 mph in no time.

PA300044Web.jpg

PA300045_v2Web.jpg

This is on the west side of Primm looking into California and the setting sun. It is still wet from the rain. I rode into CA for about 5 miles, but took a wrong turn as I was trying to loop up to Sandy Valley. I will find it next time. Don't tell BIGBOB, but it all looks the same to me. 😢

PA300046_v2Web.jpg

Ride is about over and the sun is behind the mountains. There is snow in the high country.

PA300047Web.jpg

Ride is over and I got in about 85 miles. This is a pic from when I got done loading up the bike of the sun setting on the red rocks in Red Rock Park.

Hmmm. Life is good.

PA300054Web.jpg

Ride Safe.

Just looking at pictures of someone in the outdoors makes me happy. 😢

Were you alone? 😢

I've done the same thing.

I just tend to ride less agressive when alone. (I still get stupid now and again though)

Unbelievable pics!! 😢

You won't see anything like that here in NY!

(except maybe the towers) 😢

😢 Ahhhhh, the beauty and serenity of riding alone in vast open spaces. I like to stand as I'm flying along and it feels like your on a hover craft or something. Just flying along checking things out at speed...

Nice pics... 😢 :cry:

😢 Ahhhhh, the beauty and serenity of riding alone in vast open spaces. I like to stand as I'm flying along and it feels like your on a hover craft or something. Just flying along checking things out at speed...

Nice pics... 😢 :cry:

Thanks. That is exactly it. I like riding with others when possible, but it is nice to get out alone too. Huge stress releiver, no phones, and when floating down the road or trail at speed there is nothing else on my mind but riding.

Thanks also for your posts and pictures. I always enjoyed viewing your pictures and it inspired me to post the pictures I take when riding. 😢

sweet pics. your fire roads look like our highways, and our fire roads {Toyota width} you guys might call single track. heheheheh. 😢 :cry: 😢

That seems so foreign to me, all that open space, being able to see in all directions.

This is what a typical trail in the fall looks like around here.

IMG_1335.JPG

Can't see anything but trees, and then at the end,

IMG_1349.JPG

Kelso, this pics are great. Great road. I was thinking the same think, from Hawaii, to Nova Scotia, to the Desert. We all ride but in such different environments.

That is what makes this sport so great. We can all ride and 'feel the other peoples ride via the pictures'.

It makes a person want to find a buddy, take off work and go for a ride in the afternoon. 😢

That is what makes this sport so great. We can all ride and 'feel the other peoples ride via the pictures'.

It makes a person want to find a buddy, take off work and go for a ride in the afternoon. 😢

I couldn't agree more!! 😢