Sign in to follow this  

2004 CRF250R question...

I have ridden alot of different 4 strokes lately (2004 crf250r, yz250f, 2003 crf450r, 2004 ktm 250exc). The crf250r really stood out. I liked it so much. I really want one now. I own a 2004 ktm 125sx but im selling it now. I heard that the crf had some problems w/ oil or something. I cant remember what it was. I heard it was a big thing. Can someone tell me about it.

Not that we do not want to help but you are being lazy.Do a search and you will have all the info you need.The info you want has been over more times than i care to count.

sorry for the new post. I should have done my research first.

Blah

Before you get the wrong impression of us and the problem

its a NORMAL problem, some of the oil burning cases of the 2004's are ABnormal though. I think there was a couple that burnt oil real bad. Otherwise its normal for these bikes to burn oil because they all do. The CRF has a smaller oil capacity, i beleive, and therefore its more of a concern.

so should i just regularly check the oil level and fill it when it burns a little?

Change it often and check it often... had mine 3 months or so now and no problems with oil burning (or anything for that matter). 😢