Sign in to follow this  

XR70 Rear Wheel Shot...Where is best place to get a replacement?

The rear wheel from our 2002 XR70 is in really bad shape. The spokes have broken off, and the wheel is extremely loose. Is it better to have someone rebuild it, or where can I find a replacement?

Nobody currently makes aftermarket rims or spokes for 70's so your kinda out of luck. Youll probably just have to get a new stock rim and spokes and have someone lace it up to your old hub.

Nobody currently makes aftermarket rims or spokes for 70's so your kinda out of luck. Youll probably just have to get a new stock rim and spokes and have someone lace it up to your old hub.

:excuseme:Pay twice ouch! ....Honda don't sell a new one complete?.....DanmacK

The XR70 rear wheel is 12" which is what alot of people are putting on 50s. I would try calling some of the places that offer these and see what mods it would take to work as a rear wheel. Skunkwerx has some cool (but pricey) billet wheels that I found here http://xr50.com/skbiwh6spb.html and it sounds like they can be configured the way you would need them. Sounds like you could use to beef up that rear shock as well - I put on a Works Performance shock and love it.

A 12" front rim for a 50 wont work as a rear rim. The 70 rear rim is much wider and also the spoke patterns would never line up.