Sign in to follow this  

Stock bike with a JD jet kit?

If you were going to spend less than 100 dollars on a performance mod on a stock 2003 YZ250F to get the most bang for the buck what would it be? PowerNOW, Jet kit, etc... you tell me. Oh and labor isnt a factor in the price. 😢 or 😢 or 😢

But if the stock jetting is dead-nuts on, will the jet kit still make a difference to an otherwise stock bike?? 😢

JD all the way. A powernow is useless you like to run at low rpm and lug the engine. A powernow is not worth a damn on the upper end power.

$100 bucks?

Hrm, either sprockets to gear the bike to your riding.

Tires to help you hook up.

Or Gold valves are about in that range for the front forks if you can install them yourself.

Otherwise save the money for a bigger ticket item.

But if the stock jetting is dead-nuts on, will the jet kit still make a difference to an otherwise stock bike?? 😢

yes it will make a diff unless you go to the nth degree with dyno and emission tester with stock jets.

There will be a difference, but it will be a small difference. I messed with jetting for a while (weeks) using stock jets and got it ripping. Swapped in the JD kit and it ran better, but not awesomely better. I'd still recommend it though, it's something you can set once and be pretty close except for minor fuel screw adjustments. Which brings up the point that you need a ZipTy fuel screw to make those minor adjustments a lot easier. I tweak the fuel screw at the beginning of almost ride.