Sign in to follow this  

103 mph anyone else

Yesterday I was riding up to the snowline in greenwater washington and on my way back a pack of gixxers and cbrrrsss went flying bye me doing at least 130mph 😢 Way freakin cool so I figured what the hell any police will be looking for them so 103 with me tucked in behind the handle bars and knees and elbows in that is as fast as she'll go an the flat slightly faster on the down hill. Those boys did a double take when I did catch up miles later and they were stopped. Thinking I need 17's slicks and taller gears what is the fastest drz out there? :confused:140mph?? 😢 :cry:

I hit 107 once, but the stock speedo is 10% off by GPS so its

really only 92-93. Was running 15/44.

Ive never hit rev limiter in 5th so Im not sure its good for much

more even geared lower.

my dad on his harley said he was like topped out at like 140 on a highway keeping up with like cbrs and all and then the streetbikes just took off my dad said the streetbikes had to be doing like 180 or somtething because they flew away, then he said a little bit down the road they saw all the street bikers stopped and like 2 wrecked streetbikes on the side of the road, not a good sight, i just hope no one got hurt

Maybe,120-122 mph w/440e now w/14-41 gearing w/17" 😢 wheels.

Am changing to 15-40,wil let you know 😢

doing over 140 and not keeping up with guys and seeing them wrecked isnt good. only a miracle would keep them from being alright, but i doubt it

I've had mine up to 163kph/102mph. And my buddy had his up to 165kph/103mph. By the way, I think his bike is a bit faster because he rode harder on his break in. I found that mototuneusa site a few days too late 😢 Both our bikes are pretty much stock.

My speedo runs about 3 mph fast, I've hit 98mph, but I'm pegged for a while to do so 15/44. I've heard the Yosh will tag the limiter in 5th with that gearing, that should be well above 100mph. But nobody will acknowledge?

I mean, If I were running a Yosh, I'd Damn sure know what the top end is on the bike, and I'd say so. >G<

That's the problem with them street only riders they lack high speed skill. They don't know what its like running rough ground at high speed on an offroad bike and How to manipulate and set up the MF. All they got is smooth street and they still can't ride>G<

If you ain't hit the rev limiter...you are already maxed out. Gears won't do a thing for you. Top speed is a measure of horsepower. If you want more speed...your going to have to build more power. 😢

Maybe,120-122 mph w/440e now w/14-41 gearing w/17" 😢 wheels.

Am changing to 15-40,wil let you know 😢

Was your speedo adjusted after you changed your wheels?

I hit 105mph according to the speedometer before while going down a slight slope on I-75 tucked and praying. When I put my gps on my bike, I found that the speedometer is a consistent 6pmh off but still that would put the top speed of the DRZ in the upper 90s which isn't that fun once you get the wobble. 😢

My 2004 GSXR600 racebike registered 178 mph at Road Atlanta's back straight right before the 300 yard braking marker with stock gearing. Actual speed was most likely between 155~160 mph, not much difference between 120 & 160 mph if you hit the ground. I once bailed off the track at a buck 20 into a gravel trap, wasn't to bad actually. 😢

My DRZ has been to 100 mph indicated which was 96 mph on the GPS. 😢

Hit the ditch at 70 on a new shadow.

It hurt, It hurt real bad after.

Fixed It.

Customized the crap out off the bike, It needed it anyways.

I sold to a buddy.

He always wants to race me on the stret.

He still tries to keep up with the "Z"on the street.

He even tried to drag me on his king quad 700.

Same story he lost.

The funny thing is that the drag was in front of 30 people.

He piad just paid $7000 for his toy.

Just had to hummilate him.

Everybody was rooting for the bike.

He wants me to hoop his quad up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRZ Rocks.

AHHH you guys don't dissapiont it brings a tear to me eye to here from fellow speed freaks and I do agree with the top speed is horse power. When I get the 17's and slicks then maybe NOS we'll see about the 140mph thing. Just be sure to sent the medic copter to scrape me up and go for round two. Love this site and everbody on it keep at it 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry:

My top indicated speed was 88MPH. I thought I was nuts! 😢

Dan

I've saw 103 on speedo with TW's on highway,99 on speedo on gravel with MT21,s and the granddaddy of all KS thunder storms on my a$$ 😢,I didnt outrun the storm either....

Dan

Tuck, you'll get more out of her. 😢 :cry:

I don't want to sound like too much of a speed freak. The only reason I do top speed runs is to see how the engine is running. I want to have something to compare with when I start doing mods to the bike. It's all in the name of science. Plus I'm also curious 😢

Dan

Tuck, you'll get more out of her. 😢 :cry:

I don't want to sound like too much of a speed freak. The only reason I do top speed runs is to see how the engine is running. I want to have something to compare with when I start doing mods to the bike. It's all in the name of science. Plus I'm also curious 😢

Yes the tuck is the key I top out at roughly 92 if I tuck and pull in the elbows and knees it gets me about 103 102 depending on the wind and incline YOSH YOSH YOSH. and soon NOS. 🤣 😢