Sign in to follow this  

need a new tire

well i havent been on in a while...been too busy crashing my 04 crf 😢...oh boy...painfull. Like today my rear tire (and front) have basically no tread left and i went around a berm that goes down, a little too fast. I went over the bars and the bike landed on my leg with the pipe on my leg until my friend came and got it off. Now i have a HUGE burn all over my leg 😢

Anyway the main cause im falling is i try to go up hills that are a little too steep and i have no tread left....im on about a slick right now. I wear the stock tires down in about 3 weeks flat.

I ride MUD AND ROCKS. I ride slate, shale, and big sharp rocks.

I need to know a good tire for hard pack riding. something that will last a little more then a couple months.

I was looking and the KENDA tire seems like it would be best....i forget the name, kenda something....like carlsbad or whatever.

any recomendations? I dont want a trials tire, or something for mud, or mx racing cause they wont last a week.

I think you would like the Kenda Millville tire better than the Carlsbad. The Carlsbad is their HARD terrain tire and would work, but at the expense of losing some important traction, especially in the wet conditions. I have the Millville currently and have found it works VERY well. If you wear a Millville down in three weeks, I don't think any other tire will last any longer. Good luck !!

I would try a Maxxis IT if I were you.

I tried the Kenda's, and they wear out twice as fast as the Maxxis IT, in the same riding areas that I run.

😢

well i havent been on in a while...been too busy crashing my 04 crf 😢...oh boy...painfull. Like today my rear tire (and front) have basically no tread left and i went around a berm that goes down, a little too fast. I went over the bars and the bike landed on my leg with the pipe on my leg until my friend came and got it off. Now i have a HUGE burn all over my leg 😢

Nuthin' personal here, but man, you chewed someone out for complaining aobut square pegs, then tell him to "get over it", and then post this? Riding on bald offroad tires is just plain stupid, especially the stuff you ride on. Does that feel good hearing that, man? Get a life dude, then get some Kenda Millville's, or Maxxis IT's.

sheesh... some people... 😢

"get a life"....wow, gee thanks.

No you see the difference here (aparently not) im not bitching and complaining about a "safety hazard" on the bike. A bald tire, big deal, thats my own stupidity.

alright nevermind [@#$%&*!] this