Sign in to follow this  

HAS ANYBODY TRIED A AUTO CLUTCH?

I HAVE A 02 KTM520SX WITH A 6-SPEED AND THE 580 KIT I WANT TO START DOING SUPERMOTO, HAS ANYBODY TRIED A REV-LOC OR Z-CLUCTH IN SUPERMOTO APPLICATIONS, I HEARD THEY WORK ON THE SAME PRINCIPLE AS A SLIPPER CLUTCH, AND DO THEY WORK

my g/fs dads friend has a 03 wr450 with a auto clutch, he ride woods and said he felt so much faster on it...(hes a bad rider with to much cash on hand) anyway it seems kinda cool

I was trying to sell my YZ450F for over a year and got no reasonable offers, so I decided to try and put a Z-start in it nad keep it. Basically with that and some RG3's it went from my least favorite bike to right there with the others. I feel faster, but lazy on it. It makes climbing hills easier, basiicaly you just forget about the clutch.

I figure it will force me to get better throttle and brake control and if I were to buy a stock MX 125cc 2-stroke that would force me to get better on the clutch.

I'd say its great for a C rider, good for a B rider, and probably no A rider would ever want it. (Unless your real lazy)

Cheers,