Sign in to follow this  

Shift Lever Position

Hey guys. I'm a new rider with a quick question. I just bought a new pair of Fox MX boots and I couldn't get my toe under the shifter on my last ride. So, I rotated the shifter one spline clockwise. Now the foot pedal is about 1" higher than stock. I have the CFC case guards, but is my new shifter position okay? Is it dangerous/unadvisable? My boots are so stiff that I can't ride with the shifter in a lower position.

Thanks,

Woody in Maryland

You will be fine. I have size 13-14 feet i had to raise mine way up. As long as you have the case savers, you will be good. Also, did you file off the razor sharp edges on the back of the shifter? If you crash it wont dig into your casesaver so bad. 😢

You will be fine. I have size 13-14 feet i had to raise mine way up. As long as you have the case savers, you will be good. Also, did you file off the razor sharp edges on the back of the shifter? If you crash it wont dig into your casesaver so bad. 😢

Very good advice did the same and it took only 2 mins to do literally. As far as the position of the shifter it only matters that you can use it easily and effectively. the CFC's will do the rest. YOSH YOSH YOSH go full you'll love it 😢 :cry:

I can't shift a DRZ with the stock shifter and my Tech 8 on.

I have to use the one inch longer shifter and have it up a spline are two.

sounds like your a go...

you did the same as me...

File off sharp edge on shifter, CFC Case Guards, and Tonn's Racing Iron Clad Skid plate...