Sign in to follow this  

Does this spark plug look OK?

2004 Honda CRF250X. The bike has about 60 hours on it.

The photos are not great. I had trouble focusing on a

close up of something this small. The plug appears dark

with some carbon build up. Also there is some oil on the

threads. I'm not sure where that came from. Perhaps the

factory.

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/innosoft/photos/sp1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/innosoft/photos/sp2.jpg

Chuck

MIne looked almost just like that except w/o the oil when i pulled it out and it was still pulling current so i put it back in and draind my bowl(thats the reason i pulled it my bike wasnt starting) and the bike runs great again 😢

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "drained my bowl"? I have been having trouble with getting mine started.

Chuck

He Probably meant drained the float bowl on his carb. Especially after siting for a while, it can get sticky and block jets. Good place to start, and the tank too.

Hey, you are in MD I see. You should catch up with our group sometime. Do you race, ride trails,just jump and do wheelies...? 😢

-Sterling

Hi Sterling,

I am a member of the madrider group. I mostly ride in Laurel. I do trails and wheelies. No racing or serious jumping. The bike has been ridden almost every week. I'm not sure how the carburator or float bowl could have become sticky. I did check the valves and one intake was off and one exhaust was off. I just received the shims yesterday and will install them tonight. I'll see if that makes it start easier.

Chuck

Hey Innosoft

I'm not sure how you got oil on the plug but the plug doesn't look too bad. My plug looks exactly the same.

Also I noticed that you are in Ellicot City. I live over in Brooklyn Park and have been trying to find places to ride. I haven't ridden for about a month because the places that I used to ride were shutdown. I mainly do all trail riding, some jumping and wheelies. I'm kind of new to riding but I raced Pro Mountain bikes for 5 years. Got tired of pedaling through the trails so I needed something with a motor. Anyhow drop me a line, maybe we can go do some riding.

tester123_123@yahoo.com or just reply to this post..

Thanks

Terry

04 CRF250X