Sign in to follow this  

6 Bikes in a covered trailer: will a 6 x 12 work?

Travelling to Moab in the spring. Has anyone put 6 bikes in a 6' x 12' covered trailer? Will they fit?

A picture would be best!

I can fit 4 bikes in my 6 X 12. I don't know how any more could fit.

Probably not, we have done 5 (2 facing the tail), but some creative thinking might pay off. If you place 3 at the front, with the middle one back far enough to let the 2 outside bikes clear the bars, and as far to one side as possible, you may be able to overlap the other 3, as far to the other side as possible. Do you have or use wheel chocks? They help.

I have put three across the front, with a Grizzly 660 quad in behind them. The doors close easily. Gear and tools were able to fit in under and around everything. I know it could be done, esp. if you use some wheel chocks like Vetboys said. 😢

We fit 10 bikes in a box van before but we had to take off handlebars on 2 bikes. Its a quick un-bolt and bolt back up. 6 X 12 should work if you take off the handle bars on a couple bikes. Also, zip-tie the pegs up so they don't gouge the other bikes... 😢

Dude, good luck. Your only chance if you can turn the bars enough to get them in sideways. If it was a 7 footer, no problem....

Might take the back wheels and chain guides off.... just a thought...

-lump

I had a 6x12, we could put 5 in max. However, after reading Tortures reply I think might have a chance providing you strip the bars.. 😢

I put them in mine on a Diagonal, we have had 4 with lots of gear around them. I too think you might be able to if you get creative. Might have to take front wheel and fender off 2 and I'm sure they would fit.

I have a 6x12 and it can be done. Hardest part is moving around inside to tie everything down, but it will work.

Good luck! You also have to think about all the gear, tools, fuel and anything else you will be taking along.