Sign in to follow this  

New Thumpette

I know some people will recognize this user name, it use to be Phill's (my boyfriend) but he changed it to 250Thumpher now. So he passed it down to me since I'm really interested in getting into dirtbiking. Is there any one living in the South Florida area that would know of good places to go riding (preferably around the Okeechobee area, or between Miami and Orlando)? Maybe we could go riding and someone give me tips on how to get started on riding. Any help would be greatly appreciated 😢

Hi and welcome! Have you tried it yet? Started shopping at all? Getting started can be frustrating sometimes but is SO much fun because each ride is sooo exciting. I used to get jittery hours before we got where we were riding from anticipation. I know there's a gal from Florida who said she didn't have many riding buddies but I am not sure she is on this forum. I will try to bring her over here. She has a Yamaha TT, I think.

As for tips, it's easier to post a specific question like "How do I get used to the clutch" or "What is the best way to go around a corner" or something--otherwise you'll get flooded with too many answers to remember from all the experienced gals on here!

Jump on over to the SE forum and you can see the places to ride (Croom, Ocala, etc.). We're a friendly bunch 😢.

Don 😢

I was saying, hmmm...230F, he's not new or a thumpette!! Welcome!! Like DonO said, visit the SE forum to find meeting spots and places to ride. Good Luck!

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll definately check out the SE forum.

Croacker: when i do start riding, i'm most likely sure it'd be a crf230

Firecracker: i havent tried it yet, i had the chance to when i went riding with Phill, but i chickened out, but this time i'm being real serious about it and i want to really learn.

Thanks again, you all rock 😢

You're just one big [@#$%&*!]. 😢 Riding a dirtbike is just like riding a bicycle with a engine, agreed guys?

Anyways, I'll prob start her out in a 230, TTR or CRF....

guess what, im faster then your bf. I know cause I have ridden with him. Great guy though! 😢

don't worry Kel, I didn't say anything bad, it just bleeped out the feminine part, Ha.

Jake is fast, has the balls to do anything too.

Props on being faster than him, maybe someday I can be as fast as both of ya 😢 and yep, he definately is a great guy!

don't worry Kel, I didn't say anything bad, it just bleeped out the feminine part, Ha.

Cool! Another female 'Kel' out there riding! SWEET! 230F....I'm a Kelly, too. 😢 :cry:

Jake is fast, has the balls to do anything too.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH NO I DONT! Im such a scardy cat when it comes to hitting big stuff. first time I hit big jumps I feel my heart just sink.