Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody have an XR's Only Pipe on their Dual Sport

My brother has an XR250 with an XR's only pipe on it. It's got the SuperTrapp discs on it, but he can upgrade it to the new turned down quiet insert for ~ $70.

Can anyone tell me how either one is for power and noise?

Thanks,

Toby

No model of supertrap will meet the 96dbA off-highway requirement for CA. Unless you are going to use this on a closed course only the one to get is the quiet model.

I have a 94 XR650L with the XR's only pipe. Works great (need to rejet), It is a fairly loud but I have not run into any problems regarding noise. yet??? I am running 8 disks and keep it packed pretty tight.

Question regarding offroad noise law mentioned above. Do they have people out there checking? I have been riding up in the high desert and have not had any issues. If so what do they do if you are too loud?

No model of supertrap will meet the 96dbA off-highway requirement for CA. Unless you are going to use this on a closed course only the one to get is the quiet model.

I have Q series supertrap and it meets the 96db. It came in at 94db when tested with 9 disks at idle.

Cheff,

94 dB at idle is a long way from 96 dB, 20" at 45 deg angle and 3000-4000 rpm!!!

Your bike could easily top 105 dB at test speed of 3000-4000 rpm (varies by bike model). 😢