Sign in to follow this  

yz/cr 450 info plz

Hey everyone! first time posting here. I really am in need of some cr vs yz 450 info. I will be steping up from a YZ125. Obviously both are great bikes but I would like some feedback on the desert riding aspects of the bikes. I am leaning tward honda b/c of the 5 speed. I do alot of riding in ocatillo wells, ca. Sometimes i go up rocky 4x4 trails and sometimes i love to haul ass down straight aways. Which bike do you think would be more suited for me? The crf450 or the yz450f? I would like real opinions please not just "hondas are for fags" or "yamaha's are for queers". Ohh and I am TERRIBLY sorry if there are 35453654 threads like this. The search didnt help me much. Thank you for all of your help

If you want something easy to ride with minimal grunt, get the CRF, if you want a flat-out grunt-monster get the YZF. In other words, you can ride the Honda longer without getting tired. The YZ450F will tire you out alot quicker because it hits really hard.

i say go w/ the yamaha b/c of the 4 speed it will work great in the desert and will get 2 going alot better 2 good luck and make the right decision (wink wink that means yamaha lol) 😢

I ride a yz and love it! I asked the same question you're asking a year ago when I converted from a 2 stroke. I chose the YZ and have not regretted it at all. My .02... 😢

Ditto on the WR. If your just trail riding, the WR is much more suited to your purpose. And when you shift into 5th gear on a WR, you'll fly by the CRF's and YZ's.

I say get a wr450. It has the 5 speed transmission you want, and it's a yamaha too.

Sounds like good way to go for the dez.

Honda scares me. Heard too many blow up tales.

My buddy's '04 has been apart for water pump & valves and now it starts like crap. He's spent lots of money. I have an '03 Yam with more time and it's never been apart and runs great.

Blue don't blow. 😢