Sign in to follow this  

Motomaster...Argh!

I guess that is what I get for trying to go the easy route...

I bought my wheels and brakes from Jeff at East Coast and have had my wheels for going on 3 weeks. Only problem is that I thought that I was being smart by ordering the Motomaster race kit, thinkin that with one extra caliper bracket, I would have a backup caliper for my CRF SM. (I am trying to build up a DRZ SM).

Anyway, Jeff does not have the kit for the DRZ, but he does have a rotor, and can use ANY MM caliper. Problem is that he cannot get a DRZ bracket for it. White Brothers apparently does not have them either. And nobody knows when they will arrive in Country. Does this suck or what?

I guess the good news is that the rims cannot get beat up this way, unless they fall of the shelf where they are sitting collecting dust and spiders...

If I go with the Braking caliper, then I may have the same brake problems that I am having on my CRF which has the braking kit on it. Great brakes in the beginning of the day, only to deteriorate to light switches later on after getting them hot a few times. Ergo, the reason that I want a different caliper to compare...

MW

What brake fluid are you running in the braking set-up? Try some Motul RBF600 if you aren't already, just be sure to thoroughly flush out the old.

You may also want to try some better race compound brake pads.

RE: Braking...Got the right fluid, but not sure on the pads.

Do you know where to get these pads? part number?

Re: MM, I will respond Burned...

MW