Sign in to follow this  

Handlebars

Well, are we talking durability, comfort, style...be a little bit more specific. I happen to like Pro-Tapers over Renthals...I have yet to try Applied.

In my opinion, the Pro-tapers are much better than the Renthals, hands down. Less prone to bend, about the same price, and they cut down vibration way better than the Renthals.

The YZ I have came with Renthals. Took them off and threw on the Pro-tapers. Vibration was nearly cut in half 😢

Renthal's products are just a rip off. A average product that is too overpriced.

I think i'm going with the renthal twinwall. The guy at the shop said this would be the last bar i will have to buy? I will also have to buy the adaptors for the larger 1 1/8 bars.

The pro-tapes cut it down to barely anything, while the Renthals didn't do a darn thing...

May be different on the twinwalls, but on the 7/8" bars, Renthals blow. I have heard nothing but great things about the Pro-Tapers 1 1/8" bar, a superb bar that is a PITA to bend. I've heard stories of the bike flipping in the air, landing on one end of the bar, and barely bending...

I was the same way, but I was glad I went with the pro-tapers. I figured the bars can go from bike to bike, myswell settle for the best.

But really, the pro-tapes helped out with my arm pump when I put them on.

The pro-tapes cut it down to barely anything, while the Renthals didn't do a darn thing...

May be different on the twinwalls, but on the 7/8" bars, Renthals blow. I have heard nothing but great things about the Pro-Tapers 1 1/8" bar, a superb bar that is a PITA to bend. I've heard stories of the bike flipping in the air, landing on one end of the bar, and barely bending...

I think you need to compare apples to apples here. I think Pro tapers are a great bar but sois the Renthal fat bar. Both are fat bars. 7/8 bars I could care less....... 😢

Protaper makes a thickwalled 7/8" bar that gets called "Protaper" even though it's not tapered. They used to be called AC3 now they are called SE. They are very good bars and I think that's what 250Thumper has. I have the slightly older AC3's on 2 bikes and they have been great.

😢

my wife is 5'9" and we just installed a set of jimmy button bend Renthals and they're great! A little wider and about an inch taller than the stockers.

Factory 909, Mini High Bend. Looks bitchin' too.

🙂

DirtDaddy, I ordered some CR Hi's but they aren't any taller than the stock on my 230. After much, much more research I am going to order the 909 Mini Hi's.. Do you have a pic?

Kim

DirtDaddy, I ordered some CR Hi's but they aren't any taller than the stock on my 230. After much, much more research I am going to order the 909 Mini Hi's.. Do you have a pic? Kim
CR Hi's have a different sweep and work better on the 150/230's with tall risers. Factory 909's are good bars. I fall alot, mostly rut fallovers, and haven't(knock on plastic) had any probs.

Here's a pic of the 909's. The bike's apart, the place is a mess. My garage is a 10x12 wood shed. Had a fork leak. I'm installing the forks right now. Anyway, I lifted the bars forward to give me more reach, and it makes the bars even taller.

DSCN3588.JPG

DSCN3590.JPG

🙂

The CR Hi's have about, if not the same sweep, but the ends of the bars are one inch higher than the stock bars. This makes them leaned in towards the middle also.