Tampa Krew @ Croom on 11/14

Got official wifey clearance!! ? Just kidding- she's always cool about me riding (actually says "get that bike out and ride it- it's collecting dust!), I just have a bad memory as to what we have planned sometimes (or maybe it's just "selective" memory ?). See you all out there! ? :cry:

Rich

....you ride one of those blue things like Drew don't you ???

Yeah, I think it's the same color as the two or three bikes that are ahead of DonO (sorry Don, not trying to drag you into this! ?) in the DonO flying post (pic 2 I think)?? ? Of course it's not like I'm in anywhere near good enough shape to ride my bike to it's full potential! ? Looking forward to seeing you guys (and some cooler temperatures!!!!!!! ?) ?

Rich

whats up fellas ? new to the boards here and looking hook up and ride sometime. I have heard of croom before but have never been there. Do you have to pay to ride there ? if you do have to pay how much is it. i was planning making my first trip to hard rock on that saturday but it would be awesome if i could sneak out to croom also but i may be pushing it there. How often do you all get together there or anywhere else ? i am on the east coast in titusville so it is a bit of a haul but i need some places to ride and people to ride with.

Welcome man !! It'd be great to ride with ya !! c'mon over....actually one of the best riding spots in the state is in your neck of the woods but it's jacked up right now (do a search on "the compound")....it's 45 bucks for a sticker to get into croom but it's an awesome riding spot. We've also all met up in Ocala, but apparently the damage from the hurricanes has left the trails pretty screwed up with downed trees. We've also had a TT event in Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia.....it'll be worth the ride.. ?

Incidently...it's cool to see you are a Ford guy !! ? Flame suit ON !!

actually theres miles of riding just north of you on 95. exit 5a I think it is. get off there and turn left under the overpass. Park at the burnt out dairy queen. That area is open between there and and skip's boots on 419 in deltona. But it can hold water, like lots of it.

For an area that size always use a gps to get back to the truck.

Croom is great, it cost $45 now to cover until june of 05. Ocala is also a great ride but is still beat from the hurricanes. quicktrackmx is supposed to open trails as well as the mx course in the next couple of weeks, and of course hard rock has its tracks and trail. All but one are tough. Pax track is a favorite of lots of mx riders in cental florida. mxworld also is a good track.

there are lots of places to ride. ?

Thanks for the welcome guys. ?

pa_28r_200

I did a search for the compound but i didnt really come up with anything on it. as far as the price for croom i guess 45 bucks isnt bad for a year, just wished i lived closer to it to go more often then i would really be able. I went to big scrub in ocala and rode two weekends ago and alot of the trails were pretty messed up from the canes. But there were alot of big vehicle tracks that you could tell have been clearing old/new trails. I have also looked up the durhamtown place. that looks like a pretty good place to got to for a good get together. would be a nice little roadtrip.

YZ250F_Rider

I have rode for many years in the trails off of the 5a exit. actually i am only one exit away from it. that place has really went downhill lately. theres lotza mud trucks and fourwheelers that run out there and also alot of people that like to randomly pick spots out there and shoot there guns. but other then that it has been severly floded since all of the storms that we have had in the last few months. I have rode mxworld many of times but i havent been there in a few years to ride due to the overwhelming population that the track has gained and also the insanly prices they have brought up. hopefully the prices have dropped but i last remeber them as 35 bucks for practice and 5 for every extra person in the car. that was just insane.

by the way... whats kspp ?

when you all come over to the east coast where do you normaly ride ?

We had been going to the Compound, but it's locked down by the popo....KSPP is "Kissimmee State Prairie Preserve" but last check it still required a snorkel or Scuba gear to ride.......we've been hanging at Croom because they cleared most of the trails........shiznit, I've even been considering riding MX to get my fix...but Croom is okay for the present time..........

That is correct Rich and those are the 2 that went down in front of me and then the one "blue" and "yellow" ones behind me whacked me (of course the "blue" took my elbow/hand out!

"Don saying to self, stay away from blue, very far away!"

Don ?

Hope you're feeling better DonO ?. Like I said, didn't mean to drag you into this! Doesn't matter what color anyone's bike is if they aren't paying attention to where they are going (or who they are running over ?). I'm not one to talk s*#t (considering the shape I'm in), just trying to rib you red guys a little!! ?

Rich