FMF Exhaust

I have the 2000 400E that I originaly put the Power Core IV on. Guessing it was well over 100db. Way to loud. So I bought the Q end cap for it. When I had it tested it came in at 96.7db. I got my sound check sticker at that. I replaced the packing in the pipe before my last test.

Yes the powercore is bloody loud. I've also got the power core IV2 with the updated end cap kit(modular for square core style so it's the same as the latest) from FMF. I like the fact you can throw in/pull the quiet core in a few minutes and go from peacefull to deaf mode ? and throw on a Q style tip if you like.

I don't know about the FMF but I have the Yoshimura Full Stainless steel exhaust and it is the older style that doesn't take TEC inserts and it is way too loud also. Our driveway is about 1 mile long give or take a little and if I rev it up at the end you can hear it back at the other end. I don't know the numbers but it is loud enough for me to think about another muffler but I like the preformance of this one. I also have had a few family members offer to chip in on a new muffler and we have some friends I ride with sometimes they have quads and I usually ride with one of thems boyfriends there brother and sister and there are 2 other people there one of which is my good friend and they don't ride and we were riding in the field and they were in the house and they all thought it was way to loud and the brother thought it was fine but even the girl I was riding with who likes stuff like that usually said how loud it was. I would buy it but only if the volume doesn't matter because it may be like my exhaust and annoy the hell out of everyone.

There's a guy selling a "Q" model in my area who said he did extensive research before buying a pipe for his DRZ-S and found that the "Q" model was about the quietest you could get without sacrificing performance. This was taking into account the stringent laws in the parks in California from what he told me. I am not totally up on exhaust systems and how loud they are so maybe you should take this with a grain of salt. ?

I have the older style "Q" on mine. It's louder than I thought it would be. Very nice power characteristics. Does anyone know if you can install the new style turned down end cap? I here it is quieter. Thanks!

Tom

I have the older style "Q" on mine. It's louder than I thought it would be. Very nice power characteristics. Does anyone know if you can install the new style turned down end cap? I here it is quieter. Thanks!

Tom

Yes, you can buy the newer style end cap for about $40. ?

I also have the early-style Q with power bomb head pipe. I am very happy with the performance and it's not too loud. I live in the high desert but ride in the Big Bear mountains often and also don't want to piss off the horse people, hikers and especially the forrest rangers! If I were to buy a pipe all over again... I get the the same set up