Sign in to follow this  

Rack for rear fender

Anybody have a source for a decent rack or bag for the rear of a DRZ 400S? Would like to find one for less than the $150 I have seen on a couple of websites.

Where do you get information on the Tom Slick rack? I'd like to see it.

Thanks,

Dan

do a search all under this heading for tom slick, Best rack around and 1/2 the price of the cheap store bought one, I can pick up the whole bike from the rack. He also will build to specifications if you have a special need but his standard rack is 😢 :cry:

Where do you get information on the Tom Slick rack? I'd like to see it.

Thanks,

Dan

here ya go! 😢

Clarke.jpg

Anybody have a source for a decent rack or bag for the rear of a DRZ 400S? Would like to find one for less than the $150 I have seen on a couple of websites.

I bought mine from my local suzuki dealer for $97.00 including taxes.

I bought mine from my local suzuki dealer for $97.00 including taxes.

The suzuki rack doesn't hold a candle to tom slicks rack and it was less than that delivered, not a lot but less... 😢

Wow! 😢 That's a good lookin' rack, if I say so myself! I like how it's set toward the rear of the bike.

Thanks for the pics!

Dan

I don't know how crashworthy it is but I would think that if you crash it hard enough to damage the rack, that would be the least of your worries. It is definetly steel, well I guess. It isn't aluminum. It is heavy, probably 4-5 pounds or so and it is stout. You can see that it bolts to your rear subframe under the fender using the existing holes from the tool and on the sides as well. You can pick your bike up with this thing with no problem.

There is a fellow TT'r on here that makes them. He goes by Tom Slick. If you do a search using that name in the DRZ forum, you should find him with no problem. I can't remember how much, it was cheaper than the suzuki one though, a whole lot cheaper 😢

they aren't cheap, but promoto billet racks look the business...

02_IMG_1300.jpg

and they make and S specific rack. like i said, not cheap, but isn't your drz worth it 😢