Sign in to follow this  

spring specs

any of you valve gurus have the specs on stock springs and valve dimensions, closed pressure, open pressure,coil diameter, open hieght, closed hieght,total coils, have a book from sealed power that list all there valve springs by dimensions wondering what they listed similar, even list all there valves by dimensions, everything is inch readings. thanks, alot of these are marine,and performance listings

Suzuki 05 spring wire dia .123" od..823"free height 1.460",valve closed height 1.340",seat force 23#s,open force with stock cam 86#s,coil bind is .900",number of coils 8,spring rate192#s, natural Frequency cpm 41848.the program figured the spring forces very close to my rimac readings .i was checking my spring for the crf and it fits the retainers there just a bit looser not usally a problem with steel retainers they would go in @ over double the seat force and have way more room to coil bind the lobe width is close to what the crf 450 is and i dont have any problems with the intake lobes these may be an option for installing steel valves in these bikes the nf is just a bit lower than the stock spring .

450 honda may be the the spring rate for the stainless steel valves,interesting info, milleneums sister company appears to be the company with the heads up on the kawi heads, they are using the ferrea stainless valves with their own spring combo, installing new seats and full range of head repair services, They come highly recommended from ferrea.

Holy lack of punctuation Batman! Is it really that difficult to add some periods at the end, and capitol letters at the beginning? Sheesh, that is hard to read.

Revolution is the sister company i have been working with Steve Egan on developing a cam for there husky project .Also i turned them on to the special bronze that they are now making seats and guides from for the suzuki .i also work directly with ferrea and developed the crf 450 spring kit .We are also working on a spring kit for the crf 250 and may have somthing for the kaw suzuki .and to keep the rest of you happy i threw in a couple of periods and capital letters .GM sent Smokey Yunic to school to learn better speech to present himself better to the executive pepole he lasted one day and told them to get .any one that doesnt know who smoky was and what he did does not deserve to own a internal combustion race engine. Every engine out there including the japanese has a little bit of Smoky in it . Ron Hamp RHC