Sign in to follow this  

DRZS with hotcam intake and "S" cam exhaust?

I got that hotcam that was on ebay?

When they say just replace the intake for woods riding, are they referring to a hotcam intake and the "E" cam exhaust? Am I going to be OK with hotcam intake and "S" cam exhaust?

Has anyone done it? 😢

they are reffering to the E/K ex cam.people have used the S ex cam with good results.a E/K ex cam or hotcams ex cam is needed for full potential.

I have run, Stock S cams, HC intake and S Exhaust, HC Intake and E Exhaust, and now HC Intake and Exhaust. They all work.. I very much enjoyed both the HC cams at this weekends race.. We had one straightaway,,, that was 5th gear 14/49 limiter bouncing all the way..... That was the fastest, most other rider passing, biggest grin, part of the track for me.... In part made possible by my HC cams,, well that and some other mods.. But you get the point.

You will be fine with only the Hotcam intake and stock ex. For now that is what I have been using for about a year. The intake cam really takes advantage of all the other mods you have with smooth low end tork with CV carb. A great set up when it's really MUDDY.

Hotcam intake with stock S exhaust and Yosh full system - very pleased with the power. Smooth off the bottom and strong mid. It does not rev out hard on top like another DRZ I rode with Yosh cams and an FCR. Duh, big surprise.

The Hotcam and a pipe is a nice setup for technical riding and squirting from turn to turn at midrange rpm.