Sign in to follow this  

Anaheim 1 questions

I will be in CA for the opening round at Anahiem, and was wondering if some of you who have been to a SX at Anahiem could tell me which seats are best? the upper level or lower level? and what area of the stadium is the best to try to get a seat in?

This will only be my 2nd ever SX, and my first trip to CA, so if theres anything else i might need to know please tell me

stay away from the cheap seats. in the upper level, you'll be lucky to see what make the bike is, let alone who's riding it. The club level is good, terrace isnt too bad. if you end up on the ground (field level), try to get a seat under the overhang, otherwise you'll be subjected to little sh!ts dropping ice creams, sodas and such onto you from above. Anything on field or terrace is going to be pricey. 😢

So is the middle level the best level to watch from, or is the field better? I want to be up close, but i want to be able to see the whole race too, instead of just a small portion of the track

If you are asking these questions now, I doubt you will get good seats. I bought mine two months ago.

If you are asking these questions now, I doubt you will get good seats. I bought mine two months ago.

I was thinking the same thing. Does anybody know if the pit passes are for sale yet? We bought our SF SX tickets about a month ago from tickets.com, and I called up the local Yamaha dealer to see if we could buy pit passes from them like last year. He said something like, "Well, it's a little early -- we don't have the tickets or pit passes yet. Try back closer to the event."

And I'm thinking, dude, don't you know who is riding this year?! The SF SX is practically sold out already, not to mention the earlier races. And you don't know when pit passes might come out? Oh Well.

So I'll ask the all-knowing TT -- what's the hot setup this year for buying pit passes ahead of time? Any SoCal Yamaha dealers have them yet? Thanks, -Mike- 😢

PS to Mixel -- If you can get ANY seats at all, do A1. It's going to be historic! 😢

I will be in CA for the opening round at Anahiem, and was wondering if some of you who have been to a SX at Anahiem could tell me which seats are best? the upper level or lower level? and what area of the stadium is the best to try to get a seat in?

If you have a hotel that is close to the stadium, Walk to the Stadium. We have flown down from Sac, gotten there in time to do the Pit walk, walked back to the hotel had a brew or two, walked across the street for Mexican food and still got to the races in time. If you can walk, you will really appreciate not fighting the traffic when you leave.

This will only be my 2nd ever SX, and my first trip to CA, so if theres anything else i might need to know please tell me

Last year we sat in the seats behind right field. I liked it out there. You could see the whole layout of the track well, but still get a good feeling for how high the riders were in the air over the triples as well as tell the riders apart.

If this is your first SX, go ahead and get pit passes. Keep in mind that local dealers will have them for free.

If this is your 2nd, 3rd, etc...Pit Pass is useless.....nothing important to see....

This year I'll just arrive after 6PM.

Heck, I'll just take a taxi and don't waste my time with traffic.

If this is your 2nd, 3rd, etc...Pit Pass is useless.....nothing important to see....

I don't stand in the lines to get autographs. I really enjoy seeing the bikes and mechanics up close (even the privateers in the back), watching the guys change tires at the Dunlop semi (great stuff), and checking out the pit babes up close. I'll keep doing the pits every SX, probably. 😢

stay away from the cheap seats. in the upper level, you'll be lucky to see what make the bike is, let alone who's riding it. The club level is good, terrace isnt too bad. if you end up on the ground (field level), try to get a seat under the overhang, otherwise you'll be subjected to little sh!ts dropping ice creams, sodas and such onto you from above. Anything on field or terrace is going to be pricey. 😢

I have to respectfully disagree with you one this. I have sat all over that stadium over the years and have even sat in the very last row, and still thought the seats weren't that bad. Granted don't try and get those seats but if it happened it won't be the end of the world. You can see everyone. If you do get the upper level get the first 9 rows,

These are still available, club level is the best but for A1 they are all gone. DO NOT get the field level!! all you will see is what is directly in front of you. Terrace is ok just try and get toward's the back.