Sign in to follow this  

Jetting the ttr 125

So my previous post was jetting mystery solved. Well it wasn't! My original theory was the airbox was too open, wrong. The air box inner square lid can be completely removed after jetting. The increase in fuel will allow the addition of the new air volume. The mystery was my floats were out of adjustment. At some point during my original disassembly the float tab was bent incorrectly. The engine was locked into a lean condition. 😢 I tried every jet size imaginable to no avail that's how I solved the problem. I bent the tab downward and this gave the bike way too much fuel. I then found a medium and stuck in a 110 main and a 17.5 pilot and viola!!! It's alive! 😢 Next I installed a FMF full powercore system and UNI airfilter. I replaced my main with a 115 and the pilot with a 20 and remember my air lid and intake screen are gone. The bike pulls harder in every gear and sounds phenomenal. Every bit of advice I received on this forum was absolutely correct, but because my floats were so out of adjustment it couldn't use any recommended jetting sizes. So now my fuel screw is two turns out and the bike idles perfect. To all who attempt jetting be careful not to bother the floats or the needle attachement with the wire on it. Thanks TT forum, I'm going ripping this weekend. I'll get some pics of the bike soon. 😢

😢

Glad you got it figured out. Now we can all learn from your frustration!

I have a feeling that's what's wrong with sanderjavant's TTR too... But I think his is mis-adjusted the other way.