Sign in to follow this  

o4 mxc 450 clutch problem

I lost my clutch after 4 rides.Less than 10 hrs on bike.Clutch literally started slipping as I was headed up a hill.Never came back.I took apart last night to find nothing wrong.No bad gears,teeth,clutchs. no smell no metal...I am at a loss.After putting bike back together felt like clutch was back.Sat on the bike and went to take off nad clutch just faded away again..to nothing..There is enough tension to pull chain tight but will not move bike.The hydraulic system feels and looks great.No leaks,handle feels good.lots of press.watched cltch basket while case was off and did see the basket moving freely.Bike will go into gear but wont move....

Thnaks

Thats odd...I wonder if the seals in the hydraulic slave cyl. are not holding pressure. I dont know, new one on me. Is it still under warranty? Chuck

took the clutch pack in today.had them measured.clutch was gone.mech. said he has had problems with03/04 mxc only clutchs.after he puts in a new set they are fine. but no answer for why.Also was not under warranty..

Well replaced the cluth tonight with a barnette kit. Took bike around the block a couple of times feels great.....Hmmm! I geus the clutch from KTM was just jusk.Only time will tell.