Sign in to follow this  

my first husky

hi everyone i thought i would introduce myself i have been lurking in the background for some time . i have read most threads on the te510 and i must say it took my fancy i thought about it shall i go and buy one or what can i afford it i thought you are only hear once so i have ordered one it comes in two days time so i am trying to get jenned up one the bike before it comes . question do you have to change the oil and filter after every eight hours riding also do you check the valve clearences at these intevals and do you need a specail tool to get the shims out thanks in advance for your help

I would change the oil at around there, but I'm also a tight arse. As for the valve checks... 😢 I have myself clocked at 6 minutes flat in checking my valves. You will never find an easier system. 1 quick release for the seat, one 8mm bolt for the tank, 4 8mm bolts and vola.Checking a KTM valve consists of removal of the tank, 2 bolts forthe seat, removal of the radiator, and a look though a 1 inch hole. The Husky is so easy, it's almost funny.

I would change the oil at around there, but I'm also a tight arse. As for the valve checks... 😢 I have myself clocked at 6 minutes flat in checking my valves. You will never find an easier system. 1 quick release for the seat, one 8mm bolt for the tank, 4 8mm bolts and vola.Checking a KTM valve consists of removal of the tank, 2 bolts forthe seat, removal of the radiator, and a look though a 1 inch hole. The Husky is so easy, it's almost funny.

Well yah but it takes 4 seconds to greese the linkage 😢