Question for FCR converts....Are you one?

Are you happy? Would you do it again? Is it much better than the DJ kit mod I now have? Thanks.

Yes! Yes! ...and Yes! If I had it all to do over again, that would be my first modification - worth every single penny and then some ?

Verdict still out.

Target fixation...I was attempting to avoid having to wait for more parts at all costs when I did this, and sure enough, I am waiting for jets. Specifically a 155MJ.

If I was not so lazy, I would be able to give you an idea based upon the current setup, but being the idiot that I am, I am pretty sure that I screwed my PAS all the way in thinking that it was a jet. The carb install took me so damn long, that I am NOT going into again without all the parts to set it straight.

First ride is that the bike IS making more power, and with better delivery (except during wheelies) but as I mentioned, the carb settings are quite a bit off right now.

Would I do it again? Yes.

Do I like the DRZ and carb location? NO

Better power? Yes, even setup wrong

Better delivery? Yes, see above.

MW

Are you happy? Would you do it again? Is it much better than the DJ kit mod I now have? Thanks.

Put my new FCR on last night, test rode it for 1 mile before going to work today. ....NO...becouse now I have trenches up and down my dirt drive way. I can't use cheep tires because they wont hook up. I need to adjust the headlight down because it's keeps pointing up when the tire does hook. ?

The DJ is good but it's no FCR. I changed becouse I found myself at times watting on the CV carb when comming out of a fast berm in second gear. I belive the weaker spring in the DJ make my CV slide a little hesitant when chopping the throttle right befor entering some turns (it could of been just me). I belive my CV was choice, with no flat spots are bogs what so ever.

Same thing everyone else is saying. It's not the same bike after the FCR (And I had the Dynojet/Full Yosh before). The change in the bike is far more impressive with the FCR than with a pipe change. If I had to recommend just one initial change it would be the FCR combined with the 3x3 airbox mod and you could open up the stock pipe...Later you could add a pipe but your biggest increase in performance comes with the FCR (At least that was my experience)...

No question about it the FCR once dialed in is what this bike should be running. I put a hot cam intake on before changing to the FCR carb and that had a significant effect on power as well. The two combined on an S really work well. Only draw back is the incredibly tight fit of this carb, yes you do get good at removing it (I do it with the cables still attached) during the tuning process, but it always takes some pep talking to myself before I start.