y yzf !@#$%^&*()

Isn't this the 250F forum, not the 450 😢.

I have no complaints about my 2002 YZ250F, its been as good as ever, And the same goes for my 2 other previous yamaha's before that.

Actually the one thing that I hate is that the older ones dont have Cr style brake routing, But thats been taken care of for 05 😢. Pain in the arse to do if you dont know the trick.

Isn't this the 250F forum, not the 450 😢.

I have no complaints about my 2002 YZ250F, its been as good as ever, And the same goes for my 2 other previous yamaha's before that.

Actually the one thing that I hate is that the older ones dont have Cr style brake routing, But thats been taken care of for 05 😢. Pain in the arse to do if you dont know the trick.

who said anything about 450 ? 😢

Generally the only reason that yamaha is a little better then all of its competitors is because yamaha made the first 4 stroke motocross bike since like the 60's

hmmmm... following that logic:

Generally the only reason that IBM is a little better then all of its competitors is because IBM made the first computer since like the 60's.

Generally the only reason that AT&T is a little better then all of its competitors is because AT&T made the first transistor since like the 60's.

Generally the only reason that RCA is a little better then all of its competitors is because RCA made the first color television since like the 60's.

my point is that being first and getting to the top is not the problem. the problem is *staying* on top.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Generally the only reason that yamaha is a little better then all of its competitors is because yamaha made the first 4 stroke motocross bike since like the 60's

hmmmm... following that logic:

Generally the only reason that IBM is a little better then all of its competitors is because IBM made the first computer since like the 60's.

Generally the only reason that AT&T is a little better then all of its competitors is because AT&T made the first transistor since like the 60's.

Generally the only reason that RCA is a little better then all of its competitors is because RCA made the first color television since like the 60's.

my point is that being first and getting to the top is not the problem. the problem is *staying* on top.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

And not only that, it's since the '70s!

Yeah I'm gonna have to go with the gear box. I rode the honda 250f and that thing has more top speed for the fire roads (even though they arent woods bikes I still consider it a neusance - sp?) First gear is a little tall too. Man I cant wait till my bike looks like Rick's!

I don't think they are. I race with all honda guys. They bikes are never broke or have to working on them. I'm always working on mine. And they ride like crap.

And when the night comes, the garage doors get locked and the red guys start shimming or changing their valves...

😢

why is the yzf better then most bikes in there class. if you had to list one thing bad about yzf what would that be?

The stock bars, chain, and tubes suck. The forks are a little harsh on small stuff. Other than that it's the perfect motorcycle. The motor is absolute magic.

Oh, and what makes it better? RELIABILITY/DURABILITY.