Sign in to follow this  

What Fly Wheel weight????

I am going to get a different fly wheel weight for my 2005 CRF250R. Is this a good idea? 😢 If so should i get a heaiver or softer. 😢

I dont ride trails but i do Race Motocross.

Thanks,

Kyle

Out of curiousity, why do you want another weight? Are you losing traction that bad? If so I would suggest going light to start because you will lose a lot of speed on your rev but some people prefer it that way.

i havent gotten to a track yet but i just heard that a differnt fly wheel weight will help with the power.

I didnt know if lighter was better for mx and heavier was for woods or what so thats why i was asking.

Thanks

i havent gotten to a track yet but i just heard that a differnt fly wheel weight will help with the power.

I didnt know if lighter was better for mx and heavier was for woods or what so thats why i was asking.

If you can ride the bike, lighter is better, as long as you can control the acceleration. If not, then a flywheel weight may help but otherwise, leave the weights to the guys who are really hardcore and jumping logs in uncharted territory in the woods.

Thanks

Heavier flywheels will make your 250 less prone to stalling at slow speeds and in corners it will also make it slightly easier to start, but they will decrease aceleration slightly also. So heavier is great for the woods esp on tight trails. Trail tech makes several different weights. 😢