Sign in to follow this  

Any Luck With Yamaha Factory Reps? (long)

I bought a ttr-250 in June. 4 hrs old I sent it underwater in the Wayne. Got it running and rode it out. Cost me $1100. New crank, crank bearings, piston, etc.

OK, fine... I did it, Ill pay.

After I got bike back, I rode it three times and noticed excessive oil use. Returned to dealer (Hinds in Columbus). Was told needed top end done again. Dont know why, but OK I guess. Then went to dealer and found needed a new crank again. Obvious dirt entered engine, BUT NO MUD.

Cannot say I took bike swimming or anything. But dirt got in anyhow. Why should I have to pay for this? Didnt touch air claener, air box or anything since being returned from dealer and still motor gets ruined. Tube under air box was filled with sand like dirt, and I can readily see that dirt is in head side of carburator.

I refused to pay for repairs and asked for Yamaha rep and owner of dealer meeting.

Anybody ever have experience with this? Dirt or meetings?

What do I do here? 😢

Sounds like they fixed your top end and never cleaned out the airbox or maybe even the carb, boots, intake. If the airfilter is oiled and seals to the airbox, then that's all it could be.

I had this happen to a friend who wrecked his streetbike in a ditch. After they fixed everything, they left mud/dirt in the airbox that, naturally, soon ruined the motor.

Probably not an issue for your Yamaha rep, but more for the mechanics/shop that did the rebuild. I can assure you, they won't take kindly to the accusation.