Honda Trial RTLS 250cc

Wow,I've never seen one of those - 1986,the TLR200/250 was around then,this has drum brakes and a monoshock,could very well be some factory transistion.Magnesium side cases too.We have a factory TLR250 that comes to some of our twin shock trials,has an alloy tank/seat and lots of other trick mods - but it still has the TLR twin shock frame.

A rare bike. It was expensive, built in limited numbers and based on the last championship winning Honda four strokes such as Eddy Lejeune rode...probably the pinacle of four stroke trials bike development until the latest generation of liquid cooled bikes out this year.

Later RTL's had disk brakes and other updates. Very pretty! f6607537.jpg.orig.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had a rtl250 in 1986.. rode it in 6 outdoor events and won them all and then tried some arena events with it... sold it 2 weeks later!! Wish i hadn't now...

Couldn't get on with the 4 stroke engine then.. would cough and splutter a bit and would stall easily.. but now i have ridden the new Honda/Montesa 4rt i can truely say that is all in the past.. They have done an encredible job with the new engine, just a shame the bike is so big and heavy compared to my gasgas pro!

Where did you ride the Monresa 4-stroke? I just got the call today saying the first bikes were in customs and mine would be the first delivery on Dec. 29th. Specs say it weighs 162#s. Weighs 2 pounds less than my Scorpa SY-125. Clint

• 1 month later...

hope you got yours ok.. I am in the uk and have ridden several now... not a fan myself but i ride a gasgas pro so like the leightweight and quicker engine response that gives me.

Several people here are looking for more power... mitani in japan are doing a big bore kit.