Sign in to follow this  

Prospectors in Gorman/Hungary Valley

Anyone run this before? Any trail details? My understanding is it starts on the track, then tighter trails (how tight?) then to fireroads. Please provide as much info as possible. Thanks

if i am not mistaken, it is still 3 laps total, around 10 miles or so a lap. if you know gorman at all it takes you over some of the blackdiamonds like badlands if i'm not mistaken, not too technical or too tight. you can still keep a really good pace. my buddy is running this weekend there in the vet class. the track section is really the most technical part of it and then the pack starts to thin when you get on the trail. good race from everyone that i know that has done it. and everyone that i know said it was their favorite of the six with glen helen as #2

Not real familier with Badlands, but I love Gorman. I know the trails pretty well. Sounds fun!

This is always a quality race. If you have ridden any of the trails that drop into to the MX track, then you've ridden the course. Good spectating sections, the course gets very rough (Scotts dampener a must), and the sand washes in back back are a blast to race down.

Have fun 😢

agreed!

And bring a quiet exhaust. NO KIDDING!! The rangers are very proud of their authority in Gorman and use it to the full extent. They are not even boarderline cool, just plain Azzes about it.

Especialy with a captive audience at the GP.