Sign in to follow this  

TC and TE differences

after skim reading that article in cycle news, if I read it right, I have some questions. Both the TC and TE have 6 speeds, the TE is wider ratio gear box. The TC has a 19 rear wheel....why is a 19 wheel better for MX and a 18" rear wheel better for off road and woods trails?

the TE has a solid rotor or something to go easy on the brake pads why the TC has more braking calipers or something-- I know you brake hard in mX..

My main questions is would a TC work well off road?...... being its a six speed... It should do better then like a new 4 speed RMZ-450 would right? in the woods and off road trails I mean.

I guess what I'm saying is I admit I am a trail rider not an MXer,...but I could like a MX bike that rides good off road. is there lots of difference between a close gear ratio 6 speed TC and a wide gear ratio 6 speed-TE? and does that 19" wheel mean a world of difference off road?

The transmission is probably the key.

Hello Bob go to www.husqvarnausa.com for all the specs on the new bikes. The TC is a 5 speed, the TE a 6 speed, plus the TE is wired for lights. I would get the TE for trail riding and enduro riding. I can't answer about the 18in wheel but all the off-road bikes have 18's.

Kraig

Bigbob,

One of the main differences is the TC does not have a counter balancer, which helps the motor wind up faster but more vibration. I hear the TC can make a good offroader but can be a light on flywheel action and difficult for technical riding, better for open riding.

the 18" rear wheel is better for offroading because the tire diameter is the same so the profile is taller and better for taking off road hit and less likely to bend a rim.

Why the interst of the TC over the TE? as they both have E-start the weight between the two is very small (compared to a CRF250 R and X...big weight difference).

Good Luck,

William

Santa Cruz,Ca

why was I thinking TC? - I just allways had bikes with lights and one day I want a MXer.......silly realy. I rode a practice MX track yesterday and I suck. It would take lots of regular practice to get better and I love the trail riding too much.

so it will be a TE for me. I was just curious as there is not much weight difference and the Cyclenews article said incorrectly that the TC has 6 gears. The husky web site says it has 5 gears like unkle moose said.

TE is the bike for me. Media articles - a bunch of HS journalists scrapping together words and half facts for a deadline.

thanks

Howdy Bob, you can always buy the TC front number plate so you don't have to run the headlight. I use the TC plate for Cross Country/Hare Scrambles and the headlight for Enduros and trail rides, have you ever gotten stuck out late on trail when something goes wrong, that headlight works great!

Kraig

The TC has a lighting coil too. Easy to change 19' rear for an 18". 18" has more tire slections too. TC 450 would be good for desert and Baja riding where long roads and sandwashes are the desired goal. For tight trails mostly with fire roads thrown in, the TE more than makes sense.