Sign in to follow this  

My 05 almost here...

Should be getting my new 05 250F this Thursday or friday. Question is.. I have a race sunday would it be good idea to run the bike that hard for the first ride? I dont want to mess anything up. And i have never ridden a 250F how different is the power/gearing differenct from the wr to the yzf. I cant wait to get the auto decompression too that will be so cool. But will i be getting around the same power dillavary as my WR just better suspension? What can I expect...

depends how good you ride. you could mess up the bike if you run it to hard. but im talking like pro hard.

myself though, i always put it through several heat cycles. I do not like risking it what so ever.

The way I broke in my 230 was like this:

I'd rde it half throttle up and down the street, 15 mins, every now and then, giving short burts of full acell, just for a second or 2. Then change the oil, run it again 3/4 throttle with short burts. Went riding in a couple of days.

Worked fine for me, and the bike had 30 hours on it when I sold it. No problems...

Can someone post that site that has the break-in procedure?

Ride it like its someone else's.

All this break in stuff is bull schit.

Ride is for a few minutes, dump the oil and filter, check some spokes and nuts and bolts and there you are.

Ride it like its someone else's.

All this break in stuff is bull schit.

Ride is for a few minutes, dump the oil and filter, check some spokes and nuts and bolts and there you are.

AMEN!