Sign in to follow this  

NEED Acerbis bar-end bolt/insert combo for my WXC610 - Help!!

I've been refurbishing my recent acquistion - 96 WXC610 and the Acerbis hand guard is hanging off of one end. It is missing the bolt that screws into the hand grip area, and on the otherside of the guard there's this insert that is inserted into the handlebar tube that expands when the screw is twisted. Bike shops only sell the entire hardware kit for $30-$40 (includes all brackets and left/rt side screw/insert kits. Does anyone have one they could spare, off a broken handlebar guard or something? I just spent $60 bucks on nuts and bolts for the Husky and could use a break. My wife is killing me, reminds me every night how much money the Husky is draining from our family!!Har har har. Also, on another note, could someone explain how to install the double spring mechanism for the kickstand? I bought these springs and not sure how to put them on. REGARDS - DMC 😢

I've got some of those lying around somewhere for standard bars. All my bikes have Pro Tapers, if you need standard mounts PM me your mailing adress and I'll send you one.

I have not had good luck with the inserts that ramp up on each other as you turn the bolt. They seem to keep coming loose when I hit trees (that's what barkbusters are for 😢 )

I always put the bolt through the end of the barkbuster, then put a piece of rubber tube on it, then the nut. Put it into the bar and start to crank down on it real good. Never had this setup come loose. Standard bars need thicker black hose, alunimim thick wall bars need a thin clear hose. Remember to put antiseeze onto the bolt/nut or it will rust up and freeze when its time to remove it.

Do yourself a favor and throw those Acerbis POS in the trash can. Get some Al barkbusters and be done with it.

The rubber hose trick works well 😢